Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
Motzking1

Drives: 47 2013 yaris l hatchbacks
Loose rear view mirror

So my 2013 Toyota Yaris rear view mirror seems loose. When you're going down the road it's kind of bouncing. I found it annoying enough to try to look at it and see if I can fix it. Upon inspection I found it to be an extremely easy fix. I thought I'd post this see if anybody else is having the same problem. It's literally less than a one minute fix.
1. Pull up on the rear view mirror assembly towards the headliner this will disengage the rear view mirror from the lug on the windshield.

2. Bend the tips on the metal clip on the mirror mount inwords. I used my ignition key.

3. Slide the mirror mount back on the lug on the windshield.

Problem solved!!
Hope this can help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Motzking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:47 PM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Nice

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
You're lucky, many times it's the cheap plastic ears that bend/break, making the mirror assembly useless...
Old 01-23-2017, 05:43 PM   #4
Motzking1

Drives: 47 2013 yaris l hatchbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motzking1 View Post
So my 2013 Toyota Yaris rear view mirror seems loose. When you're going down the road it's kind of bouncing. I found it annoying enough to try to look at it and see if I can fix it. Upon inspection I found it to be an extremely easy fix. I thought I'd post this see if anybody else is having the same problem. It's literally less than a one minute fix.
1. Pull up on the rear view mirror assembly towards the headliner this will disengage the rear view mirror from the lug on the windshield.

2. Bend the tips on the metal clip on the mirror mount inwords. I used my ignition key.

3. Slide the mirror mount back on the lug on the windshield.

Problem solved!!
Hope this can help.

I could definitely see that happening where there is a lot of heat and UV exposure as its facing the windshield. They say the glass is 100% UV blocking on the 2012 and newer. I would not know. I live in Seattle. I have not seen the sun in 4 months. We don't have those kinds of problems. We do not get tan here, we rust!

Motzking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
I had to put silicone behind my mirror as it never stayed where I put it. Amy small vibration or on really hot days while the car idles the mirror would just drop. Will try this when someone decides to move the mirror making the silicone useless.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:10 PM   #6
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motzking1 View Post
I could definitely see that happening where there is a lot of heat and UV exposure as its facing the windshield. They say the glass is 100% UV blocking on the 2012 and newer. I would not know. I live in Seattle. I have not seen the sun in 4 months. We don't have those kinds of problems. We do not get tan here, we rust!
Yeah, it's just the opposite here...triple digit heat for several months each year, which is why those plastic ears where the first things that went on my mirror. Luckily I got a replacement, but I know it's just a matter of time before I'll need another!