Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
Something Big is here....................................

I took the Yaris to an open track day that was meant to entice people to sign up for lapping. It was "semi" controlled (hence no helmets), although I will say that at times it seemed like I wasn't the only one driving 99.99999%.

Here are some shots.

In line waiting to go out

Hanging around

About to go out

On Track

For a while I played Cat and Mouse with a Boss 302 and a CTS-V. It was fun to watch them come up in open sections and then have some space through the tighter sections (the corner pictured was actually one of the more open ones leading onto the main straight)

here is one my girlfriend shot from an overhead vantage point when I was done the session. It just seemed kinda a cool perspective view

My Co-Pilot Seemed to be having a good time as well

Overall the car handled it like a champ. (Despite having some power concerns from my recent round of modding). The brakes got understandably on the hot side, but otherwise you'd never know that the car was driven "aggressively". The car had recently had brand new coolant and an oil-change, and it only has 20,000km (12,000miles) so its all still in relatively new condition.

With my real-world wheel fitment (no stretched tires / no ridiculous undriveable offsets), I had tons of wheel travel and never once rubbed.

The suspension (full complement of UltraRacing braces / TRD rear anti-roll bar / very stiff coilovers etc..etc...) seemed almost perfectly configured for this track which featured mostly tight corners with some medium sized sweepers thrown in for good measure (and a couple decreasing radius corners that I hate)

If they have another similar event I'll totally go to it.

Anyone considering a track experience with their car,.............for what its worth - I'd recommend it (be safe of course)

Cheers

Will

Last edited by 3cyltrbo; 11-25-2015 at 10:15 PM.
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Cool pics but -1 for stealing astroman's thread title schema :P

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
3cyltrbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
Glad you liked the pics
Old 08-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #4
Killchain

Drives: '10 Yaris LB Polar White
Outstanding!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #5
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Haha I was so confused at first when I opened this thread Anyways, awesome pictures! I love how simple and clean your car is. Great choice of wheels!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
3cyltrbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
Haha I was so confused at first when I opened this thread Anyways, awesome pictures! I love how simple and clean your car is. Great choice of wheels!
Thanks

I drove a long way to get them.

The SSR Competition has long been a favorite wheel of mine, so I was really stoked to get them last year (and to find some that were in such amazing shape)

Cheers

Will
Old 08-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Might be unpopular but as an avid proponent of safe track racing, I have to say it.

Quote:
It was "semi" controlled (hence no helmets)
1. ANY track day without requiring helmets is an insane idea, and a tragedy just waiting to happen. Should have worn one anyway.

2. Hanging plush toys from your rear view mirror while on track (or any other time) is -- well, just wow about that.

I'm glad you had fun, thank you for posting the pictures, and I'm really glad nothing bad happened.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
^^

+1, easy to run off course and it just takes one uneven lump of dirt to roll a car.

car looks good
Old 08-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #10
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Might be unpopular but as an avid proponent of safe track racing, I have to say it.

1. ANY track day without requiring helmets is an insane idea, and a tragedy just waiting to happen. Should have worn one anyway.

2. Hanging plush toys from your rear view mirror while on track (or any other time) is -- well, just wow about that.

I'm glad you had fun, thank you for posting the pictures, and I'm really glad nothing bad happened.

Not to be a downer, but I too agree about the helmet at the least. I also ensure that whenever I race all "loose" items are removed from the vehicle even if they are only stored in something like a garbage bag or grocery bag on the sidelines until finished

As previously noted....nice pics and nice, clean ride!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
3cyltrbo

it was the thread title wasn't it?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
I thought astromans car would be in here lol

Nice writup and pics though

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote