Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-11-2019, 07:20 AM   #55
lespaulstd

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I have not seen any good complete kits since MicroImage closed. I used to build the plug and play harnesses for them and can modify the crappy kits into the equivalent.
I am planning to install a cheap kit in the yaris using the original stalk and relay in the inside part of the car. However, since there is no possibility of getting the adapted harness, could you tell me which kind of pins should be used to connect both lights to pin 1 and 2 in the relay box?
lespaulstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:56 PM   #56
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
dead links suck....

just got a "cheep" ebay kit and let me tell you what i got was on par with OE if not better...actual glass lenses, OE switch etc 40$ well spent

after multiple passes thru this site digging for the hookup points on dash etc i eventualy figured it out
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 06:06 AM   #57
David90

Drives: Mazda
Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaulstd View Post
I am planning to install a cheap kit in the yaris using the original stalk and relay in the inside part of the car. However, since there is no possibility of getting the adapted harness, could you tell me which kind of pins should be used to connect both lights to pin 1 and 2 in the relay box?
I actually would like to know the same...
David90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 06:52 PM   #58
Captamrica

Drives: 2013 Toyota Yaris LE Hatchback
Ok, I bought a new Stalk Switch. I'm just trying to find where the relay is located for my Daughter's 2013 Yaris. The loom connection for the bulbs are there. The fuses are in the fuse boxes that are identified as front Fog Lights. I'll buy whatever the f**k i need to buy for her car to work safely but the link you gave to micro whatever took me to a site when I clicked the Toyota Yaris tab it took me to a Nissan parts manual. Really appreciate a direction to get things for this vehicle. I see buying a Yaris in the Midwest is as bad as buying a Toyota in 1978 with respect to finding documentation on it. Everything is RHD.

At any rate any help would be appreciated. I can't find the damn relay or where it should be.on this 2013. Her 2010 was so much easier.

After reading the entire thread, not realizing it went back several years and rhe Microimage has been closed for years now.
Do I need to short any pins on the Stalk Switch connector? I bought a new switch with the Fog light switch on it for the 2013. It's installed as are a nice set of Fog Lights and Ultra 2 GTR Lighting LED fog light bulbs so I'd really like to get these fired up for her. Just can't seem to find the relay or where it needs to be installed.

Last edited by Captamrica; 01-02-2022 at 07:16 PM.
Captamrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 07:24 PM   #59
Captamrica

Drives: 2013 Toyota Yaris LE Hatchback
Was hoping to find CTScott was still around since the last post on this thread was in 2016. His PM box has exceeded. It's storage cap so I'm guessing he's not around anymore. Guess I'll figure this out myself. Finding schematics on this vehicle sucks.
Captamrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:32 PM   #60
mitch9521
Gen 3 > Gen 2

Drives: NCP131, F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captamrica View Post
Was hoping to find CTScott was still around since the last post on this thread was in 2016. His PM box has exceeded. It's storage cap so I'm guessing he's not around anymore. Guess I'll figure this out myself. Finding schematics on this vehicle sucks.
I have a 2014 LE and all I had to do was swap out the headlight switch/signal stalk for one with the fog light switch(Mine happened to come out of a 2010 Tundra) and install the fog light assemblies, bulbs and bumper trim pieces. The H11 connectors on my car were just taped onto the crash support behind the bumper cover.

Totally pre-wired, no finding fog light relay nonsense. Even the indicator on the gauge cluster works.

mitch9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:31 AM   #61
Calrenman

Drives: 2015 Toyota Yaris LE Hatchie
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captamrica View Post
I am not sure if this will help. A FSM, Chilton's or Hanes manual will help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drqpznBdnaw
Calrenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 09:17 AM   #62
KermitAUS

Drives: Yaris 2009
I am looking for a set of spotlights for long country drives.

SPOT vs flood

Found these, opinions?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088CXLV8K...ding=UTF8&th=1

OR

https://www.amazon.com/AUXMOTEC-Driv...8mc7jI9Z8&th=1
KermitAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 12:44 PM   #63
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitAUS View Post
I am looking for a set of spotlights for long country drives.

SPOT vs flood

Found these, opinions?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088CXLV8K...ding=UTF8&th=1

OR

https://www.amazon.com/AUXMOTEC-Driv...8mc7jI9Z8&th=1
both of those are GARBAGE..and good as a backup light on a truck and thats about it

if you want better country lighting get yourself some HID's for the headlights aim for 8000-10,000, and get a matching set of 8000+ for the fog lights, at that point youll never even consider auxillery lighting

my wife has issues with her night vision and we do ALOT of night driving in the winter and its useualy deep out in he country, i tossed in a set of the bellow link and it was litteraly night n day, shes actualy speeding on the country roads instead of holding up traffic, added the fogs and hid'd them and even on the worst of nights visability is NOT an issue

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
Old 06-11-2022, 02:40 AM   #64
KermitAUS

Drives: Yaris 2009
They are unavailable.

I thought HID are illegal?

https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/blog/2...20modification.

What HID did you put in ONLY the foglights?

I don't want to mess with my normal lights.
KermitAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 07:21 PM   #65
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitAUS View Post
They are unavailable.

I thought HID are illegal?

https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/blog/2...20modification.

What HID did you put in ONLY the foglights?

I don't want to mess with my normal lights.
HID conversions are allowed in Australia, providing that HID lights were originally available as a factory option on the vehicle. You also have to fit the complete alternate light assembly.

While there are HID conversion kits available that will replace the original H4 globes, they don't match well with the H4 reflectors, and will most likely not focus the light where you want it.

Have you considered an LED light bar? There are brackets available that will fit on the front number plate mount for these.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:10 PM   #66
sh0rtlife

i did the h4 swap and they focused beautiffuly on the stock non hid reflectors nothing too high nothing scattered still nice clean edges