Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
Lowering spring

Which one should I get, TRD, Tanabe, Eibach, etc

I am wanting to get stiff spring so I can corner slightly harder, I have the TRD sway bar already. But I don't want the car to lower too much otherwise my small wheels 14" would look unfit with the car, this is just a commute car, not track racing or anything aggressive, any suggestions? thanks
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Mild drop (1" more or less): Eibach prokits is a great choice.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Eib...IS-8275140.htm

Medium drop (1.4" more or less): H&R is the best choice out there.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/H-R...aris-29126.htm

Aggressive drops is not something you are looking for, so I didn't put any of those in this list. Happy to ship to Canada btw.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
the mi springs are really nice not a big drop but it is noticeable and they are stiffer than stock but not super stiff ive had them for a couple of months now and would highly recommend them i have some pics in my thing if u wanna take a look
matthewai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
OTB

Drives: 2zz MR-2 Spyder
I recommend Micro Image too

if you look at my photo a couple posts down, you'll see the drop isn't severe. The photo is 15" wheels.

Some shocks designed for performance springs are definetely recommended.

If you don't want new shocks, Garm's recommendations for springs are probably wiser.

rock on
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Eibach Prokits would be where it's at for you. These, btw, are the springs that Toyota Canada sells as their optional lowering springs.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
The MI springs I'm sure are a good buy. Garm, are the MI springs the same as the Tigers or are they different?

To the original poster, I'd suggest the MI springs. Garm is great to do business with and takes care of his customers well. A straight forward and honest business owner...a rare thing in this day and age.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #7
rosco

Drives: YaRis ka!--Y?2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Mild drop (1" more or less): Eibach prokits is a great choice.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/Eib...IS-8275140.htm

Medium drop (1.4" more or less): H&R is the best choice out there.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/H-R...aris-29126.htm

Aggressive drops is not something you are looking for, so I didn't put any of those in this list. Happy to ship to Canada btw.
MY MI SPRING
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1807201111101.jpg (67.6 KB, 158 views)
Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
thanks guys -- car looks good.

@ detroiter, We bought the TigerTec in bulk and re-branded it for MI, same springs.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by caineroad View Post
Which one should I get, TRD, Tanabe, Eibach, etc

I am wanting to get stiff spring so I can corner slightly harder, I have the TRD sway bar already. But I don't want the car to lower too much otherwise my small wheels 14" would look unfit with the car, this is just a commute car, not track racing or anything aggressive, any suggestions? thanks
Why not come out to a GTA meet and sample some of the various set-ups first hand. Upwards of a dozen modified Yarii frequent the Mississauga meets on the second Wed. evening of each month.
Want details? Ask and you shall receive.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:47 AM   #10
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I like my NF210s a lot. The advertised drop was 1" but I got mine used and think they are actually a bit lower than that. The ride is great though.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #11
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
i'm still flip flopping on springs

I wanna get the MI...but I really like my vogtlands on my tercel as a street spring...& i do haul kids & stuff from time to time...i dunno if i want whole lotta drop

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote