Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #19
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
One day left!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #20
ern-diz

If you're in the SoCal area and are not named AzianCuz or yariseggvvti, you missed out big time!!

What a Sunday we had. We started the day by meeting up in the Macy's parking lot at the Cerritos Mall, right around 9 AM. We hung out, talked and took some pictures for about an hour.

Here's a closeup of AzianCuz' Blitz supercharger.

Sadly, a few people had last minute things that kept them from joining, so we were a squad of 4 total. We planned a route that included both scenic coastal driving on PCH and some canyon carving.

The above pics are from the most scenic and beautiful point of the journey. From there, we plotted course for Neptune's Net. Fast n Furious movie fans should recognize the name.

After a basket of fish n chips and a cup of world famous clam chowder we set course back down to Hermosa Beach for some gelato. It ended up being gelato and some killer NY style pizza by the slice.

It was a spectacular day. I feel as though I owe an apology to those that couldn't make it.

This little adventure inspired the idea of a 'cruise n food' concept. We had already been tossing San Diego around as the next destination and given the yummy goodies we had on this cruise, we'll probably create a route around notable food stops for the next one.

Hopefully we'll see some of you there!

On Wheelwell
Old 10-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #21
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
looks great and some fantastic weather!
justanotherdrunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #22
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
looks great and some fantastic weather!
It really was!

On Wheelwell
Old 10-23-2018, 01:39 AM   #23
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
looked way fun too bad my 09 wasnt with me, would be fun to rip, thought itd be slow
Old 10-23-2018, 11:08 AM   #24
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runethecursed View Post
looked way fun too bad my 09 wasnt with me, would be fun to rip, thought itd be slow
Well, that's a given lol. We were definitely slower than my bro-in-law's Civic Si. He was fast enough to get out in front of us a bit, park, grab video of us passing by and then get back into his car and catch-up to us again

All jokes aside, with only springs on stock struts/shocks and slightly over-sized wheels, I was actually impressed at how well my car handled some of those super tight and narrow twisties. Unfortunately, I went into them with a fender liner issue that caused a ridiculous amount of rub and a wife that was not enjoying the motion at all, so I couldn't really get into it but for the few early corners I threw it into hard, it handled it better than I expected.

I sorted the fender liner issue once we got out of the canyon so the rubbing stopped and I was able a great time on some of the long sweepers we encountered after the twisties.

What a great day.

On Wheelwell