Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
lefti696

Drives: yaris 1.3
My poor little Toyota

thats how my Yaris ended up today
btw, that wasnt me who caused this accident

lefti696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
TrYaris

Drives: Racin' yaris :D
I love how your avatar fits this situation ! Are you alright ? How the F*** did you get there xD
TrYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
you silly, that is not how you park on the side of the road :P
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Ouch! Hope nobody got hurt.
I'm trying to understand how you ended up in that position... Care to shed some light on this?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
lefti696

yes, everybody is ok, thanks. quite funny feeling when you are hanging on a seatbelts :) like in movies.

I was overtaking one car and also that Daewoo little S**t, and its female driver suddenly turned left and she blocked my way. I was trying to avoid hitting her and i turned to the roadside but instead stopping she kept turning left to that black gravel road and BAM. I hit drivers side of Deawoo and pushed it to the pit hole

i hope my insurance company doesnt claim its 'total damage' and my Toyota will be fixed. You cant see it in the photo but both cars are heavy damaged on contact side

ps. this is the better angle to understand this situation.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #6
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Glad you are OK, but I would say your car is totaled. We've seen Yaris with less damage get "written off" as we say in this country.

Speaking of which, where are you?

And just to be clear, you were passing/overtaking her when she turned left?

Cheers! M2
Old 11-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #7
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Were you on the right lane? then you overtook her on the left lane, she swerved left and so you tried to avoid her by going off the road? but she kept going left hmm sounds like she didn't even see you on her left side or maybe she just shut her eyes and hoped for the best. Glad you're OK and RIP to your little Yari.

junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
whoa ...car sandwich!! glad that you're okay ....if its for me, im hoping for the total lost and use the $$ for the 1.8Ts or the abarth :P
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Drives: 2012 and 2013!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefti696 View Post
yes, everybody is ok, thanks. quite funny feeling when you are hanging on a seatbelts :) like in movies.

I was overtaking one car and also that Daewoo little S**t, and its female driver suddenly turned left and she blocked my way. I was trying to avoid hitting her and i turned to the roadside but instead stopping she kept turning left to that black gravel road and BAM. I hit drivers side of Deawoo and pushed it to the pit hole

i hope my insurance company doesnt claim its 'total damage' and my Toyota will be fixed. You cant see it in the photo but both cars are heavy damaged on contact side

ps. this is the better angle to understand this situation.

Sounds like it your fault, she was making a legal left turn, you were on the wrong side of the road overtaking.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
lefti696

*junorico24 - yes it was exactly like you say, i think she didnt even see me, because of the car between me and her. I wanted to overtake both of them, when i overtook the first one she crossed my way, arghh.

Tomorrow i will be visiting my toyota dealer (where the cars is now) and try to make a photo. But im afraid you are right *MadMax that my yaris will be written off (thanks for the word). As for the first impressions: both head lamps are damaged, bumper, hood, windshield, roof, right mirror, doors, right bottom side of the car, both right Konig Feather wheels :(

*vten, i have always been thinking like you, but now it doesnt looks so bright. Here in Poland (i hate my country) when your insurance company says you totaled your car they give you 5600$ (calculated amount for my car). And this is so lowered value, because here on ebay same cars cost about 7200$. And then i will be hard to spend those $$ on similar car, i will have to sort of downgrade my car from current level :/ Or i have to save money for half year and buy something better like you said.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
lefti696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely Red 12 View Post
Sounds like it your fault, she was making a legal left turn, you were on the wrong side of the road overtaking.
no she is not. you cant turn left when somebody is overtaking you. i was on the wrong side ? left side of the road is wrong for overtaking according to you ? maybe in UK :P and yes, i can overtake in that place, gravel road (no name in the middle of the field road) is not trated as a juncton. No junction signs. No continuous lines on the tarmac. Full right to overtake.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
So this wasn't the result of two European economy cars trying to mate?

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I thought that the other car was a Renault Twingo (my second favorite sub compact car).
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #14
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Drives: 2012 and 2013!
Quote:
no she is not. you cant turn left when somebody is overtaking you. i was on the wrong side ? left side of the road is wrong for overtaking according to you ? maybe in UK :P and yes, i can overtake in that place, gravel road (no name in the middle of the field road) is not trated as a juncton. No junction signs. No continuous lines on the tarmac. Full right to overtake.
You cant overtake when someone is making a left!!

Yes, you were overtaking, but you were on the side of the road where traffic is going the other direction, right?

You were overtaking the car behind her.
She was in the process of making a left, gravel road, is still a road.

You would have to yield to her, as you were behind.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #15
2o6

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I thought that the other car was a Renault Twingo (my second favorite sub compact car).
Nah, it's a nasty Daewoo Matiz.
2o6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #16
odg495

Drives: Yaris & Corolla
Quote:
Sorry to see these photos, but glad that everyone's OK.

I can't speak for Poland's road rules, but I know in many countries, if you are overtaking, you're automatically held at fault if something goes wrong.

I do hope for your sake, though, that Poland is different.

I guess on the bright side, its one less Matiz on the road ... I test drove one for a laugh once, but it wasn't at all funny!
odg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #17
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Good to see all are well . Hope you and her have better days ahead . Someone we know just bought a '12 3 door L with the automatic of the same color .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #18
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely Red 12 View Post
You cant overtake when someone is making a left!!

Yes, you were overtaking, but you were on the side of the road where traffic is going the other direction, right?

You were overtaking the car behind her.
She was in the process of making a left, gravel road, is still a road.

You would have to yield to her, as you were behind.

That depends...if she was being an asshat and DID NOT have a blinker on then she is clearly out of her rights and should be punished to the fullest extent when it comes to blame. Too many folks get away with no blinkers being used. I wanted to already slap a dozen motorists here in LA last evening when driving from LAX to my hotel downtown because they didn't use their blinkers. Say what you want about me, but if someone makes a turn or merges with no blinker then I say they deserve anything that happens to them to include becoming a paraplegic or worse. When you do that you are taking your own life and other's in your hands especially when not using them. It is the law and a safety requirement than too many folks ignore, so eff em! If folks think that it is alright to drive without signal indicators being used then they cannot bitch about folks running red lights or speeding in my book.

However if she did have a blinker then the OP should be considered at fault or course and the OP should have noticed/backed off until another section of passable roadway came about.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote