Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
You cant overtake on a 2 way roads. I don't know the rules in Poland but here in Australia you can't. I have seen people do it and it's extremely dangerous.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #20
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
You cant overtake on a 2 way roads. I don't know the rules in Poland but here in Australia you can't. I have seen people do it and it's extremely dangerous.
that would make for the most annoying backroads trip ever.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #21
yaris_ninja
Yaris_Ninja

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5Door Hatchback
Send a message via MSN to yaris_ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefti696 View Post
thats how my Yaris ended up today
btw, that wasnt me who caused this accident

Wow sorry this happen to your poor little yaris. It great that you didnt get hurt. It looks like your yaris was trying to body slam the the Daewoo lol. Well I hope you car gets fixed and try to avoid those evil Daewoo's
yaris_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #22
odg495

Drives: Yaris & Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
In Australia you can overtake on a two way road when you have a broken white line ... its not dangerous if you can see well ahead and have plenty of time to pass.

I once overtook a b-double semi in a 91 Festiva, took a while, but had plenty of room thankfully.

The problem we have is the number of drivers whose intentions overtake their ability!
odg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
lefti696

Drives: yaris 1.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by odg495 View Post
In Australia you can overtake on a two way road when you have a broken white line ... its not dangerous if you can see well ahead and have plenty of time to pass.

here in europe is the same rule. You can see those lines in background. You cant overtake when its double and continuous. Instead of this there can be sign not to overtake, or crossroads sign.

Its rather you cant turn left when someone is overtaking you. But to be clear now, after accident i called the police. They came, and stated without any doubt that this is matiz drivers fault. She got traffic ticket and was fined.

*fnkngrv I hate that too, and what is worse it quite often to see that people dont use blinkers OP ? Osomething Police ?

haha, well said, one ugly matiz less on the road :) but you underestimate polish backyard mechanics after one/two moths this matiz will be for sale as in mint condition here you have to be very very careful when buying used car.

This is the car, day after. It still works well (engine) :) damages are shallow but vast. It is possible it will be written off. More details will be know soon when toyota mechanics will disassembly it and estimate repair costs.
lefti696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Quote:
LOL, looks like it will be a close write off...... you got off very very lucky looking at how the accident ended up and the low amount of damage. You got off very lucky complared to the other 2 yaris in the background lol
Old 12-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #25
Jabro

Drives: 2008 2dr Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
That depends...if she was being an asshat and DID NOT have a blinker on then she is clearly out of her rights and should be punished to the fullest extent when it comes to blame. Too many folks get away with no blinkers being used. I wanted to already slap a dozen motorists here in LA last evening when driving from LAX to my hotel downtown because they didn't use their blinkers. Say what you want about me, but if someone makes a turn or merges with no blinker then I say they deserve anything that happens to them to include becoming a paraplegic or worse. When you do that you are taking your own life and other's in your hands especially when not using them. It is the law and a safety requirement than too many folks ignore, so eff em! If folks think that it is alright to drive without signal indicators being used then they cannot bitch about folks running red lights or speeding in my book.

However if she did have a blinker then the OP should be considered at fault or course and the OP should have noticed/backed off until another section of passable roadway came about.
Amen to that. People seem to be getting more and more relaxed about not using their blinker, it's a combination of laziness and stupidity.
Jabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #26
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Damn, three busted up Yarii in a row! You folks need to drive more carefully over there!
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #27
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by daf62757 View Post
So this wasn't the result of two European economy cars trying to mate?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #28
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabro View Post
Amen to that. People seem to be getting more and more relaxed about not using their blinker, it's a combination of laziness and stupidity.
Ditto that here in the Houston metro.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #29
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
here in europe is the same rule. You can see those lines in background. You cant overtake when its double and continuous. Instead of this there can be sign not to overtake, or crossroads sign.

Its rather you cant turn left when someone is overtaking you. But to be clear now, after accident i called the police. They came, and stated without any doubt that this is matiz drivers fault. She got traffic ticket and was fined.

*fnkngrv I hate that too, and what is worse it quite often to see that people dont use blinkers OP ? Osomething Police ?

haha, well said, one ugly matiz less on the road :) but you underestimate polish backyard mechanics after one/two moths this matiz will be for sale as in mint condition here you have to be very very careful when buying used car.

This is the car, day after. It still works well (engine) :) damages are shallow but vast. It is possible it will be written off. More details will be know soon when toyota mechanics will disassembly it and estimate repair costs.
Good for you for getting the police to document that it was her fault.