Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #37
yarisnewfrontier

Drives: silver
Cruise control

I saw the update on the Toyota.com website that it is included in the Power package for the Sedan - it has been updated!!!
yarisnewfrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #38
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Just the sedan?

Arg, they need to add it to the hatch as well. Along with a tach.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:52 AM   #39
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
A tach is important. It would be a big mistake not to make it standard, especially on a car with manual transmission.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 AM   #40
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
A tach is important. It would be a big mistake not to make it standard, especially on a car with manual transmission.
That is a fact.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:18 AM   #41
nwdixieboy

Drives: ecoh
I talked with the dealer yesterday and they should start coming in in Seattle by late March. No special orders, but you can tell the dealer what you want and they will call you when one that fits your specs comes in. I am first on the waiting list for one at my dealership.

Last edited by nwdixieboy; 02-18-2006 at 03:07 PM.
nwdixieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #42
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
That is a fact.
It is so bad that Toyota has made such a big mistake. I think many hatchback buyers will rush to the aftermarket to get their tachs.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #43
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
It is so bad that Toyota has made such a big mistake. I think many hatchback buyers will rush to the aftermarket to get their tachs.
Indeed. But they shouldn't have to.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:59 PM   #44
St.Francis

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback, Manual
Today afternoon I made a call to a local Toyota dealership that I used to work for here in Georgia and inquired about the ETA on th 1422 (auto-3 door liftback). The sales manager looked it up on this WEBSITE,and told me that it showed that the vehicles arrived at the port on 3/13 which was yesterday and should be at the dealership at the end of the week.
St.Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:44 PM   #45
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Francis
Today afternoon I made a call to a local Toyota dealership that I used to work for here in Georgia and inquired about the ETA on th 1422 (auto-3 door liftback). The sales manager looked it up on this WEBSITE,and told me that it showed that the vehicles arrived at the port on 3/13 which was yesterday and should be at the dealership at the end of the week.
thanks st. francis, sounds promising. It can't be too much longer now.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:48 PM   #46
neatnick79

Drives: '07 Yaris LB Absolutely Red
Just got back from the dealer...

Hello all... I'm so excited... my new Yaris will arrive at the dealership March 28th!!! Apparently, here in the New England states, the first shipment will consist of 52 liftbacks, which have to go to 72 dealerships. So, some dealerships won't be getting any liftback models at all. Just wanted to pass this tidbit along!
neatnick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #47
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatnick79
Hello all... I'm so excited... my new Yaris will arrive at the dealership March 28th!!! Apparently, here in the New England states, the first shipment will consist of 52 liftbacks, which have to go to 72 dealerships. So, some dealerships won't be getting any liftback models at all. Just wanted to pass this tidbit along!
I just phoned spokane, washinton. And they thought maybe a month or two. I guess some dealerships wont' get them. dang.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:55 PM   #48
mygrnthmb
swappin cogs

Drives: 07 Yaris l/b 5spd
Send a message via Yahoo to mygrnthmb
Re: allocation manager's are they at the dealerships?
mygrnthmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:06 AM   #49
neatnick79

Drives: '07 Yaris LB Absolutely Red
I don't think they all have allocation managers... my dealership, Toyota of Newport, RI, sounded like they simply "get what they get." I was really lucky--what they were getting was what I was looking for.
neatnick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #50
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Every dealership has a new car manager. Mostly they look for cars with the options customers want when they are not available on theier lot.

Toyota allocates vehicles by how many cars the dealership sells. When I worked at a Toyota dealership they stated that Toyota sent them what was available, and the new car manager did not have much of a choice.

I have heard that supposedly that is not the case at other dealerships.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:42 PM   #51
St.Francis

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback, Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
Every dealership has a new car manager. Mostly they look for cars with the options customers want when they are not available on theier lot.

Toyota allocates vehicles by how many cars the dealership sells. When I worked at a Toyota dealership they stated that Toyota sent them what was available, and the new car manager did not have much of a choice.

I have heard that supposedly that is not the case at other dealerships.
you are definitely right. For a dealership to receive the vehicles they requested on the allocation list the must be a volume seller. They also get rare or hard to come by models i.e. Prius, Nav equipped 4Runners/Camrys etc, first. So if you are looking for certain models with specific packages try the bigger Toyota dealerships.
St.Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #52
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Do you know what bigger means? As in how many new cars sold per month?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #53
Master
Hella Smart

Drives: Lexus IS300
some guy called me today and told me they're taking orders right now and they should be here in a week or two
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #54
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master
some guy called me today and told me they're taking orders right now and they should be here in a week or two
Who phoned you. The toyota dealership. Or a guy that allocates the yaris's to dealerships..

Supposedly they'll start getting them in spokane, washington in a week or two as well. So maybe things are happening. Gad I hope so.