Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
My review of hankook tires 205/55/15 on stock rims

So per advice of a few mods I went with this tire size running on my stock steel wheels. Install was a bit of a pain as the tire machine did not have a helper arm. And these were a little bit of a squeeze to get on. But managed to get them to fit after a little bit of finess.

After the first test drive i notice the steering wheel itself feels more solid and the car dosnt seem to want to jerk one way or the other as easily. I guess i would attribute that to more tire to road contact now that they are wider tires.

Lane changes feel more smooth and sharp turns the tires really grip. I pushed them harder than the factory tires where the factory tires would normally break away and these tires held tight still.

Not to mention no longer any annoying road noise. The ride seems to be a bit more smooth as well.

I am anxiouse to see how they will feel once they are fully broken in.

All in all a great tire for the price for those shopping for some new tires. Hopefully tehre really isnt much of a notice fuel economy decrease becuase of the additional rolling resistance.

Ill try to take a pic tomorrow.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote