Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-30-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
Exclamation I need EVERYONE! JDM Fest August 12

Hey! there's a JDM Fest going on in Quebec @ Autodrome St-Eustache

I'll be there repping the Yaris community aand the more people there is to this event, the better it would be

Context: Many dudes insulted me because I brang my Yaris IN the site and to the racetrack on Paul Walker Memorial Ride (Car meet + Drag... same location)

I want to give a lesson to these "I'm better because I drive a VTEC JDM car" (yes, they were both Hondas owners) and OVERpopulate the even with every Yaris owners I could find...

even making an announcement to the intercom to these special people that can't respect the #YarisLife
(okay this is just exagerrated...)

but still if you want to do this, be sure to bring at least 20 Canadian $ as it was the entry fee for the PWMR (normally 10$, but I won't take a chance giving you a false price) and with this price, you have access to the site, and the drag strip (1/8) it starts at 11AM Eastern time

*Note, this post will be Copied/Pasted in the General section too so even people from around the globe could see it :)
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:09 PM   #2
Dabuu
Radical Dreamer

Drives: spiritedly.
lol how old are you?
Old 05-31-2017, 06:47 AM   #3
ACKING_QC

Would you believe me if I say 21 ?

Either way I am 21...

LOL I find this idea just epic... Just imagine a shit ton of yaris comming to a JDM Festival... Which technically is their place.. But because of haters, people like us get rejected... I just wanna see a shit ton of yaris everywhere just to kick people minds
Old 05-31-2017, 07:19 AM   #4
Captain Yaris

Drives: 2016 Yaris 3 Dr Super White
I dig your enthusiasm...
Captain Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 05:01 PM   #5
ACKING_QC

yay! lol
Old 05-31-2017, 05:18 PM   #6
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKING_QC View Post
Just imagine a shit ton of yaris comming to a JDM Festival... Which technically is their place.. But because of haters, people like us get rejected... I just wanna see a shit ton of yaris everywhere just to kick people minds
I experienced some of this with Toyotafest. Overall, the show organizers and attendees were awesome. Having said that, the Yaris' were lumped in with the Prius' and tucked away in a corner. I've watched just about every YouTube video uploaded about Toyotafest and browsed the Toyotafest hashtag on Instagram and in total, I found no videos (outside of Tom's) that showed the Yaris' and only a handful of pics on Instagram. There were more disparaging comments about the Yaris on the Instagram posts than there were actual pics of them. I commented about the lack of Yaris love on one of the longest YouTube videos about Toyotafest and got a "lmaooo" reply from the owner

To some degree, it's understandable. The car is the lowest class commuter in the fleet, intended to be nothing more than a cheap, basic commuter, but there are some people doing some really cool things with them and I think it deserves a little more

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:48 PM   #7
ACKING_QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I experienced some of this with Toyotafest. Overall, the show organizers and attendees were awesome. Having said that, the Yaris' were lumped in with the Prius' and tucked away in a corner. I've watched just about every YouTube video uploaded about Toyotafest and browsed the Toyotafest hashtag on Instagram and in total, I found no videos (outside of Tom's) that showed the Yaris' and only a handful of pics on Instagram. There were more disparaging comments about the Yaris on the Instagram posts than there were actual pics of them. I commented about the lack of Yaris love on one of the longest YouTube videos about Toyotafest and got a "lmaooo" reply from the owner

To some degree, it's understandable. The car is the lowest class commuter in the fleet, intended to be nothing more than a cheap, basic commuter, but there are some people doing some really cool things with them and I think it deserves a little more

a little more respect ? don't you remmember that before the DRIFT thing, Silvias from Nissan had the EXACT same role as the Yaris today ? cheap basic turd.... all it takes is a little BOOM to make people realize that, these things are cool
Old 06-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #8
ern-diz

Quote:
a little more respect ? don't you remmember that before the DRIFT thing, Silvias from Nissan had the EXACT same role as the Yaris today ? cheap basic turd.... all it takes is a little BOOM to make people realize that, these things are cool
I agree, which is why I said it deserves more respect. Guys like Jason and Tom are doing incredible things from a racing perspective and if you look at some of the Yaris' from parts of Asia, Europe and even Latin America, there are some insanely dope builds. Just seems like for the most part, North America doesn't show the car as much love.

On Wheelwell
Old 06-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #9
DiCaprio
Just a Gaijin

Drives: 2006 Yaris 4 door 1.3l
Well cars that are really popular in the drift scene are those who are easily modified to drift... Same with race cars. But the Yaris ? You need to invest to make it seriously fast.
So yes cheap basic turds with the ability to be fast with little money are popular.
Cheap basic turds without this ability won't be popular.

This is also the reason why there is a lot of hate for the BRZ/GT86.
The engine isn't bad, but people expected something better.
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:31 AM   #10
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiCaprio View Post
Well cars that are really popular in the drift scene are those who are easily modified to drift... Same with race cars. But the Yaris ? You need to invest to make it seriously fast.
So yes cheap basic turds with the ability to be fast with little money are popular.
Cheap basic turds without this ability won't be popular.

This is also the reason why there is a lot of hate for the BRZ/GT86.
The engine isn't bad, but people expected something better.
Great points. Still, I think the car, especially the second gen's (first gen's too, but we didn't get them here...sorry third gen folks, I still love ya lol) are really interesting.

On Wheelwell
Old 06-01-2017, 11:35 AM   #11
ACKING_QC

well, in Canada we got the Echo RS, which is basically a facelifted version of the Gen.1
Old 06-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #12
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
even till this day, paseo/tercel builds get hated on :P Starlets/early scions get all the love
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:24 PM   #13
ern-diz

I remember seeing the Echo sedan's here in the early 2000's, but don't recall seeing the hatchbacks. Wasn't a fan of the sedans.

In the early 90's, my cousin had a red Tercel hatchback on Enkei wheels and lowering springs with a booming ass sound system. It came after his ultra rectangular Nissan Sentra. Side note, everything was awesome in the 90's.

On Wheelwell
Old 06-02-2017, 12:19 AM   #14
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
Maybe I'll show up if I'm not gone on a road trip.

Not much of a race car/drift guy, but I enjoy motorsports in general.
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:22 AM   #15
ACKING_QC

good! hhahah as much people as the forum contains... that would be sick but it have to be a 1st one, and it's you ! hahaha
Old 06-02-2017, 04:32 PM   #16
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
You're too far away lol
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:58 PM   #17
ACKING_QC

that'S NOT an excuse LOL ThatDudeInBlue did it on May 27 haha I even talked to him hahah
Old 06-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #18
ern-diz

Quote:
that'S NOT an excuse LOL ThatDudeInBlue did it on May 27 haha I even talked to him hahah
To be fair, ThatDudeInBlue has a monetized YouTube channel, so it benefited him to make the journey to gather content for his channel lol.

The rest of us, without 700k subscribers, would only incur cost on a trip like that. Sounds fun, but it's a stretch.

On Wheelwell