Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-06-2017, 04:05 AM   #1
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
What did they steal from your car?

Hey,
Just out of curiosity and due to the fact that many people steal parts from cars, what did they stole from your car??
Thefts really have imagination with cars.
I don't mean cracked windows and stolen bags etc. I mean exterior part that you found missing after the night passed.
Ok here I go:
They stole my antenna (common thing. I placed a shark fin antenna now and they can't steal this one). Also one day they drilled my fuel tank and they stole 10 euros worth of gas. And then I had to replace the tank with a new one. They made me pay about 500€ for a new one just to steal 10€ of fuel. For god shake.
After a while, they stole the bolt cap from one of my windwipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I doubt many people here have had parts stolen from their car.

Although there's some who have!

Me I leave nothing in my car and the doors unlocked. Druggies will smash the windows to get inside to look around otherwise.

Twice people have been in my car and went through the passenger glove box. But in the dark they didn't see or know about the driver side glove box!

That was untouched.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #3
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Early on I remember noticing that the cap that covers the main rear windshield wiper nut went missing on my car. I think it came off and was lost during a car wash, but it may have been snagged by someone.

A few of my metal valve stem covers have gone missing, but I suspect that's just kids stealing them for their bikes. It's always 2 that end up going missing.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #4
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post

A few of my metal valve stem covers have gone missing, but I suspect that's just kids stealing them for their bikes. It's always 2 that end up going missing.
Over a decade ago that was the "cool thing" to do as a kid. I snagged some shiny blue ones from a dodge srt 10 to match my blue bmx. Now being on the other side of it, not so cool
Old 03-06-2017, 12:49 PM   #5
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Personally, nothing. I do however know of several nose badges that have vanished from their rightful owners.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #6
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
I had my 2007 Toyota (Yaris) grille emblem stolen. Then, I began noticing that many cars had their Toyota badges missing. I bought a replacement, but didn't install it until the day I sold the car.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Over a decade ago that was the "cool thing" to do as a kid. I snagged some shiny blue ones from a dodge srt 10 to match my blue bmx. Now being on the other side of it, not so cool
So true and relatable LOL.

On Wheelwell
Old 03-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
...they stole my Krispy Kreme donuts . Not a car part, but just as valuable in my
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #9
kimona
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
...they stole my Krispy Kreme donuts . Not a car part, but just as valuable in my
That's funny.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #10
ern-diz

On Wheelwell
Old 03-06-2017, 06:51 PM   #11
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
I park in a garage at night, otherwise the desert wildlife (rabbits, rodents, etc.) up here on the outskirts of Phoenix/N.Scottsdale will climb into the engine bay and chew stuff up, etc.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #12
kimona
Super Moderator

Here's a short story for you:

I rented a nice apartment years ago, but was on a waiting list for a parking spot in the subterranean garage. Meanwhile, I had to drive around forever to find street parking for my Audi 4000S in downtown Montreal.

I was so happy when I finally secured a "safe" spot in the garage and parked my car there the first night. The next morning, when I approached my car, I was shocked to find the passenger window smashed, the stereo ripped from the dash, the glove box torn out, and the four alloy wheels missing... and the car just sitting on the ground with no jacks or blocks or anything!
Old 03-07-2017, 06:13 AM   #13
miiser

Before I buy my Yaris and before I buy my Audi A5, I had an Alfa Romeo. They smashed my window several times and stole from me the stereo headunit.
But that was nothing compare to what happend next:
Ok after I bought my Audi A5, I didn't need the Alfa 146 anymore but I didn't want to sell it either (I couldn't have any profit from it anyway. It was an old Alfa.) so I parked it in an old close shed I had and I left it there. I looked it there. I had this place like a storehouse too. So one day I needed something from there and I went to pick it up. And oh boy what I found. My Alfa without the alloy wheels, standing up on 4 bricks, stolen brake calipers, the engine hood opened, stolen battery, cables ripped apart, stolen stereo ones again and that was all I could see missing. I guess they took more things that I didn't looked about too. So anyways I recycled the car in the end.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #14
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Here's a short story for you:

I rented a nice apartment years ago, but was on a waiting list for a parking spot in the subterranean garage. Meanwhile, I had to drive around forever to find street parking for my Audi 4000S in downtown Montreal.

I was so happy when I finally secured a "safe" spot in the garage and parked my car there the first night. The next morning, when I approached my car, I was shocked to find the passenger window smashed, the stereo ripped from the dash, the glove box torn out, and the four alloy wheels missing... and the car just sitting on the ground with no jacks or blocks or anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiser View Post
Before I buy my Yaris and before I buy my Audi A5, I had an Alfa Romeo. They smashed my window several times and stole from me the stereo headunit.
But that was nothing compare to what happend next:
Ok after I bought my Audi A5, I didn't need the Alfa 146 anymore but I didn't want to sell it either (I couldn't have any profit from it anyway. It was an old Alfa.) so I parked it in an old close shed I had and I left it there. I looked it there. I had this place like a storehouse too. So one day I needed something from there and I went to pick it up. And oh boy what I found. My Alfa without the alloy wheels, standing up on 4 bricks, stolen brake calipers, the engine hood opened, stolen battery, cables ripped apart, stolen stereo ones again and that was all I could see missing. I guess they took more things that I didn't looked about too. So anyways I recycled the car in the end.
These are a couple good stories, but I'm sure they weren't funny at the time

On Wheelwell
Old 03-07-2017, 02:00 PM   #15
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Yaris chrome badge emblem thief vandal popularity

What is the thief-attraction of Yaris nose (and tail?) chrome badges? I recall VW microbus had that problem some years ago. And last row seats of minivans. I park on occasion for events in town, and if the emblems are likely enough to get pried off, I'll just remove and store...then enjoy Yaris being a complete mystery to fellow travelers. (Toyota and their dealers in these parts never mentioned Yaris in any advertising. I had Tercel, Corolla and FX-16 and have always read about cars. Knew Echo was Tercel replacement, but never heard of Yaris until a 2007 showed up on CL. (oops...wandering onto "Yaris Popularity" thread.))
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #16
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I had my entire car stolen. When it was recovered, they took the wheels/tires, and axleback portion of the exhaust. A whole bunch of other things were stolen, too (shift knob, intake, tools, gloves, Leatherman tool). It was a 1998 Honda Civic EX coupe, however.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:28 PM   #17
miiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
These are a couple good stories, but I'm sure they weren't funny at the time

Nah not at all
But when I found my old car with the hood opened and standing up on 4 bricks it was one of the most: what the hell? Moments of my life

Old 03-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #18
miiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I had my entire car stolen. When it was recovered, they took the wheels/tires, and axleback portion of the exhaust. A whole bunch of other things were stolen, too (shift knob, intake, tools, gloves, Leatherman tool). It was a 1998 Honda Civic EX coupe, however.

Well damn... they didn't let anything wasted