Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
lomky

Drives: '12 hatch
2007 yaris snow tires on 2012

Good evening all,

I turned in my 2007 yaris for a 2012 back in march. I had a set of steel rims and snow tires from my 2007, the guy at the tire shop said they should fit on the 2012, I didn't think much of it at the time. We had our first snowfall here so I thought I would put them on tonight.

The old tires are 175 65 r14.

when I put them on they seem to fit very close to the breaks. I can't tell if they are rubbing or not, but when I hand turn them they seem to rub. But when I put the stock wheels back on they seem to have friction also.

I'm not very mechanically inclined, so looking for advice here first.

Question is, has anyone here put wheels from their older yaris onto the 2012?
lomky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
screenprintr

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
I can't answer your question, but I'm interested in the answer you receive.

Bought a 2010 last week Tuesday. That night we had our first snow. After going from a Camry to a Yaris I had a huge awakening. I barely made it home and when I did I got stuck at the bottom of my driveway. I had to go get the snow shovel and create a gap for me to pull in to. Whew, was that a close one. Luckily it was 3 am and no cars were coming.
screenprintr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
DanMC

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomky View Post
Good evening all,

I turned in my 2007 yaris for a 2012 back in march. I had a set of steel rims and snow tires from my 2007, the guy at the tire shop said they should fit on the 2012, I didn't think much of it at the time. We had our first snowfall here so I thought I would put them on tonight.

The old tires are 175 65 r14.

when I put them on they seem to fit very close to the breaks. I can't tell if they are rubbing or not, but when I hand turn them they seem to rub. But when I put the stock wheels back on they seem to have friction also.

I'm not very mechanically inclined, so looking for advice here first.

Question is, has anyone here put wheels from their older yaris onto the 2012?
Hi fellow Edmontonian !, when the car is suspended on the jack and you spin the wheel by hand you hear rubbing/scratchy sounds ?...then you are touching caliper or something...does it touch in the front only or front and back ?...i would not use the 14" rims where 15" are needed ,it can be dangerous and costly...
Dan
DanMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
they should fit fine...

check the part numbers for the brake calipers online for an 07 and a 12....should likely be the same
Old 11-16-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
I'm guessing the resistance you're hearing and feeling is the brake pads rubbing on the rotor. put em on and give em' a good spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote