Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
flagmunkey

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to flagmunkey
mp3 player problems

so i just got my 2007 yaris on wednesday (haray, i love the car.. black manual hatchback) and i was trying to test out the mp3 capabilities on the cd player. so i burnt a cd with mp3s on it all in folders and what not (except one album i put in the root). well the player decided to play 3 albums (One of which was in the root folder). i noticed that one of the albums not played (of the 5 that werent) was .m4a by accident and one had files that werent mp3s (just ones stuck in there by accident). think that could influence the way the cd plays? should i just stick everything in the root folder? i read in the manual that i can have up to 277(ish) files or so and i def didnt go over that amount.

im using NTI CD maker gold. .. maybe i should switch eh?

thanks!
flagmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
dont put anything on the root; make folders off the root, one for each album. works for me.
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #3
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
dont put anything on the root; make folders off the root, one for each album. works for me.
+1
Old 07-03-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
flagmunkey

nope didn't fix it. didnt have any stray files either. only played one folder.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
Ah Yum

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Check your file names. This deck doesn't cope well with non-ASCII characters in file names. Erratic file type is fine - I keep .jpg as album covers and .txt as track index just fine so .m4a shouldn't affect anything.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #6
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
When you go into your burning program burn as data. What I do is some of the songs are in My Music as folders which are mostly complete cd's and then I just have songs I have downloaded. When you are in your burning program click add data and then select the whole folder if you are wanting a whole cd. The cd player in you car will see if it has seperate folders on the cd or if you just have a bunch of songs. I have a bunch of cd's on my computer then if I put the whole folder on there you can hit the foler button and change folders.

If you have a full cd on there that has 12 songs there can be one folder with them on there. It just depends how you set it up when you burn it.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
whoisandy
Yaris n00b

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris Sedan
I use Nero and burn as a data CD. Put all my music in their folders off the root directory and haven't had a problem. It plays both my CD-Rs and -RWs which I was happy to discover.

Only thing I have found is that it doesn't like multisession discs. In my old car, I had a nice JVC deck and I would just put a few MP3s on a CD at a time, leave the session open so I could burn stuff later, filling up the disc as I pleased. With my Yaris now, it only reads the first session, none after that. If anyone has had success with multisession, let me know. It'd be cool if it could work but it's not too big of a deal.
whoisandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:04 PM   #8
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
this fujitsuten deck doesn't have any problems reading non-ASCII characters. most of my music are written in chinese names...
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:56 PM   #9
flagmunkey

well i found that if i burn directly to the root folder in Itunes as an mp3 cd it'll do it. i just have to scroll through all of the songs if i want to select a certain album.. which i can live with...
Old 07-11-2007, 08:44 PM   #10
flint_mica_manual

Drives: S Sedan
No. It's broken. Take it back to the dealership. After I got mine replaced, It worked perfectly across all bit rates and file structures. Don't give yourself a head ache. .. . see my thread below. . .print it out if you must, take it to the dealer and demand a new head unit.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4629
flint_mica_manual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
flint_mica_manual

Drives: S Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint_mica_manual View Post
No. It's broken. Take it back to the dealership. After I got mine replaced, It worked perfectly across all bit rates and file structures. Don't give yourself a head ache. .. . see my thread below. . .print it out if you must, take it to the dealer and demand a new head unit.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4629
Really, don't jack with it. It has nothing to do with file structure, what type of CDs you have, what burning software you use. . . .etc. . . they [the dealership] will try all sorts of bizarre things to get you to drop your claim.

Bring your CD with you, and tell them to try it out in lot cars -- It will likely work.
flint_mica_manual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #12
Nigal

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Hell I don't even know how to make a cd with mp3's on it. I just plug in my player. :(
Nigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #13
Bin
I've made a post!

Drives: 07 Yaris RS
Just picked up my 2007 Yaris Hatchback. Does anyone know why, after i shut off the car and then restart it, the mp3 track starts from the beginning? Isn't it supposed to start from where it was before the car was shut off? I didn't turn off the power to the stereo first - i just shut off the car.
Bin is offline   Reply With Quote