Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Yaris T-Sport
Nov 2006

Drives: Vitz S1600
Blitz S/C HELP.

Hey guys

I have the Blitz sc for about a year and half, put on 15k miles, but yesterday the eletro clutch stopped activating, the red lamp lights up while the gas pedal is depressed, but no activation on the clutch, which means I have no boost at all, the car is hell slow than stock car. It had happened before once a while back, and it turned out that one of the red wire comes of the relay wasnt correctly grounded, that was an easy fix, but this time unfortunately it wasnt a simple grounding issue, I have checked every single connections, they seen solid and no problem, but it still does not activate the eletro clutch. How long is the life time of the Blitz sc clutch? Anyone have any ideas? Such a headache.
Cold Air Induction|Blitz SUS POWER Air Cleaner System|2.4L 2AZ-FE Throttle Body|Blitz Compressor System|Full Light weight pulley kit|GReddy Ti-C exhaust System|Blitz Throttle Controller|T/B Coolant Bypass + Gasket Trimmed|Weight deduction|Exhaust Manifold|Center pipe|PCV Bypassed
Yaris T-Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
Yaris T-Sport
Nov 2006

thanks for your input camelll

just checked the FC, it does not light up when gas pedal is depressed with the engine off. Does your relay making click noise when gas pedal is depressed with the engine off? I'm also wandering if my relay is bad, my relay does not make click noise when i depressed the gas pedal with the engine off.
Cold Air Induction|Blitz SUS POWER Air Cleaner System|2.4L 2AZ-FE Throttle Body|Blitz Compressor System|Full Light weight pulley kit|GReddy Ti-C exhaust System|Blitz Throttle Controller|T/B Coolant Bypass + Gasket Trimmed|Weight deduction|Exhaust Manifold|Center pipe|PCV Bypassed
Old 06-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
yaris t-sport is a dick
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
T sport,

Have you connected the clutch directly to the battery to see if it works? Just take the wiring harness off and use a couple of electric test probes in there to see if it engages.

I've done this with a compressor on the bench, not even in the car.

You can hear and see it engage if it's working.

By the way, the pulley's distance and the gap with the clutch is set by shims inside. Some people may have a different gap distance, and therefore it may sound different, etc.
I'm trying to find out what the proper gap should be for optimum performance.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
Yaris T-Sport
Nov 2006

thx guys, I will totally try to connect the compressor directly to the battery to see if the clutch still works, and also be testing all the wires' connections with a digital mutimeter.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
yaris t-sport is a dick
lol!!!!!
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote