Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #91
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
you need to knoch the block for the Crower rods to clear.
The Pauter rods were the same for me.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #92
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
What compression? If not stock, I'm guessing you'll be in trouble with the ECU and a piggyback.
CP only has 1 option for CR, 9.0:1 for shelf stock. If you make a custom set you can have them made in whatever CR you want.....
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #93
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
That would be the fastest swap I've ever seen. I will keep my healthy skepticism on this detail.
I agree!
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #94
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Quote:
don't we have electronic power steering?
I dunno, never looked into it. Just saying what you'd need for general motor pulls
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #95
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Yaris = Electronic power assisted steering
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #96
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Kinda surprised no one has said this yet but uh...

How about you just put the turbo in and deal with pistons/rods/meth/everything else later. It's like you're trying to do brain surgery, file your taxes, build a time machine, and create a dog/cat fusion all at once. What's the rush?
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #97
advocate

Drives: car
I'm guessing he doesn't want to disassemble the turbo once it's on in order to get the new pistons in and sleeve the block if he wants?
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #98
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Gonna be pretty hard to trouble shoot...

But that's probably exactly what the installers want to have happen.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #99
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Brother I hope you do get your build the way you want. Your just taking to many avenues of approach for 7psi. Hell those rods are safe on 10psi. Your daily driver is no longer going to be that but you'll figure that out.

Almost forgot, I don't need you to stand-up for me. People just get pissed because I beat them to the next level, it's human nature. And I know where I stand in-line, in this food chain of the 1NZ-FE.

Belive me, when people do get the chance to see me at a show..I never get a hatter at me...My arms are the size of some peoples thighs and my neck gets lost in my traps. Just like I build powerful motors I treat my body the same.

I hope your on the war path to build this now....that's my goal...piss you off bad enough you might just get there...Reverse psycho-therapy is great.

Now build something

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #100
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
And some new info gained by a trusted member.

Pistons and rods may be a project down the road now depending on my funds standpoint here in the next month or two,

So no more bashing/talking/whatever about the rods/pistons and engine pull plz.
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #101
sleey0

Back to my project.

Should I get the 1ZZ injectors? Or go bigger, like tC?

Performace/sftermarket ones?

Any suggestions......Thanks
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #102
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Not true. The meth actually lasts quite awhile. Depends on how you drive of course. Since I am maxing out at about 8-9lbs of boost, i have my meth kick in at 2lbs of boost. I also buy HEET to use as my meth, and it's only a couple bucks a bottle at WAL-MART. Takes about maybe 8-9 bottles to fill the entire meth kit? A full tank of meth can last me about a month with my driving. However, I don't street race and go into boost every chance I get....

ps: I wouldn't have even gotten the meth kit if i wasn't going to tune with it.

Not true. I am running 99.9999% meth and my stock hose lines haven't broke....
I was going through the 1 gallon tank (the one pictured) every couple of days or roughly 100 miles. I started buying methanol in bulk from a local auto shop. If you factor in the $40 methanol storage 5 gal tank and then $5 per gallon, it wasn't "very" expensive, so I guess I take back my intensifier.

Oh yes and HEET is a great substitute if you can not find methanol in bulk quantities, also most washer fluids will list methanol content if you can do some calculation on what temperatures they work in. Roughly a -20* solution is 25-30% methanol, but living in a state where it rarely freezes.... the closest I ever found local to me was +20* washer mix
Quote:
I run 50/50, and I will also disagree with this.

Where exactly did the 30% come from?
As to the lines breaking, I had to keep extra tubing in the car and a pair of scissors on me at all times... along with a hex head 6mm and a 14mm wrench. I never had a problem with any of the lines in the car, only the one from the pump outlet to the injector. After playing with where the line was routed and eliminating that as a possible cause for leaks, I assumed it was the tubing and after switching to a higher thickness tubing I never had any issues.

My 30% by volume (not weight) came from my own diagnostics. I'm not saying I'm a "genius" by any means but it ran quicker from 25 to 75 mph in 5th gear when the mix was between 2/3 to 3/4 water to 1/3 - 1/4 methanol. Of course if you live anywhere outside of my neighborhood (humidity, elevation... blah blah variables), this may not be helpful to you. However, I was sharing what worked for me... sorry for the intrusion....
Old 10-08-2010, 12:44 AM   #103
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
I would have went the windshield wiper fluid route for the meth, but because I am in hawaii, they don't sell the windshield washer fluid that could work.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #104
sleey0

The Aftermarket Pistons and Rods Thread.....

Ok. Here we can talk about aftermarket pistons and rods and how our learning ECU will handle the lower C:R.

I am making some calls today an will report back what I find.

FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS.....

<And, thank you Garm and Aras>

xbgod - 9/23/2010

Last edited by sleey0; 10-09-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #105
sleey0

The Aftermarket Pistons and Rods Thread.....

...... reserverd

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #106
sleey0

Just wondering if the ECU woulod re-learn the C:R if it was minimally changed , say like 10:1 iinstead of 10.5:1.

All I want to do is beef up my internals a bit to hit 12psi to 1bar reliably,

I called AEM, CP, and ARIA but all are closed on weekends and will have to wait for answers lol.

I should just yank my cars ECU and send it to CTScott to play with. He could get it in constant open-loop then none of this matters lol.

Thanks for listening,
Wes

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #107
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
I see this threads been Hi-jacked.....it's missing posts now too.

Instead of worring about all this other nonsense, you could just play it safe, since this is your DAILY DRIVER and put a reliable kit on have some fun and then play with the big dogs when you can afford to not have it be a daily driver.

All your threads are running wild with no end results. Look no one cares anymore. you are the only one responding to your own threads.

I give up, I quite, I resigne.....I'm throwing in the towel.....I'm ringing the bell.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #108
sleey0

Thanks.for.that i guess.

I just want learn and.help the community.

Just because i havent.started.yet doesn't mean i cant gain some knowledge.

I.am.doing.like u told me to.

Aras, one minuteu tell me.to call arias and.aem and now you.are.telling me my threads are.worthless.

I.dont.get u sometimes bro.

Why be nice.too me in emails and.then put me down in my own hreads?

Instead, share your knowledge here and help.

Confusing.as.sbit.

Help me or.dont. i thought you were helping and.then.tbis?

You have a split personality bro....

xbgod - 9/23/2010