Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Chuckie

Drives: 2011 Yaris Hatchback
RZCrew Garage Rigid Collars

Just had these installed on my car last week. Great mod. Eliminates the vibration and metal to metal play in the subframe/body bolts. 8 collars, 6 in front, 2 at the rear. My Yaris feels like an entirely different car after install, more rigid, quieter. I searched the forums for rigid collars. I couldnt find anything. So I thought Ide share. RZCrewGarage is company out of Singapore where they manufacture all their parts. They also make suspension bushings and other things. Check their site RZCrewGarage.com. Spoon is also making these collars for NCP91. Ive seen pictures of the product on the net.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (86.6 KB, 239 views)
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Chuckie

Here is a pic of one of the collars at the rear (color gold)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.6 KB, 235 views)
Old 09-25-2013, 04:51 AM   #3
Tedtalker

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Thanks for posting this. Do they have these for the Yaris sedan? Their website is under construction and the "shop now" link doesn't work for me.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
Chuckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedtalker View Post
Thanks for posting this. Do they have these for the Yaris sedan? Their website is under construction and the "shop now" link doesn't work for me.
These specific ones I bought have Vios Gen 2 on the packaging. They fit on the Asian Yaris Sedan which is called Vios in this region. They should fit. Im not 100% sure about the sedans. Im pretty sure about the hatchback since an NCP91 is an NCP91 anywhere in the world. But, as i stated earlier, they are primarily made for the Vios Gen 2. Which if im not mistaken, is a Yaris Sedan in North America.. * I didnt get my set from a website. A member of the Vios Club Philippines brings them in from Singapore. Im sure If you contact them you can probably arrange to have them shipped to you. If these sets will be a sure fit on Yaris over there. Im sure alot of yaris owners would love them on their cars. I cant imagine mine without them now. Completely different ride. There are some vids on youtube about rigid collars and what they do. You might want to google the Spoon set too.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:31 AM   #5
Chuckie

Oh, i forgot to state the price. They cost me 3,500 pesos installed. Takes about 40 minutes to install. No parts need to come off, just the 8 bolt areas where the collars go. In USD thats about 80$. Im guessing retail price would be around 60$ since i had to pay for installation
Old 10-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Chuckie

More pics of RZCrew collars for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (48.0 KB, 185 views)
Old 10-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #7
Chuckie

Before tightening - two of the six upfront
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (60.8 KB, 185 views)
Old 10-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
Chuckie

Rear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.2 KB, 186 views)
Old 10-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
yarisgeo13
yarisgeo13

Drives: gloss black 5 door
Send a message via Yahoo to yarisgeo13
Great pic's on a product that's not considered a performance mod! But in a way is it? This mod I would consider a performance mod.
yarisgeo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #10
evo165

Drives: peArL yAvItZ!!
Send a message via MSN to evo165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
Before tightening - two of the six upfront
Think you got it install wrongly. The collars are suppose to fit in-between the cross-member & chassis. You install it in the bolts & cross-member.
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
evo165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
Chuckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo165 View Post
Think you got it install wrongly. The collars are suppose to fit in-between the cross-member & chassis. You install it in the bolts & cross-member.
These particular ones are installed this way. The Spoon ones install as you mentioned afaik..
Old 10-10-2013, 07:15 AM   #12
evo165

I have the exact same Rzcrew collars as you, my friend. It is all written very clearly on the given instruction. Guess your mechanic is lazy to read the given instruction. I even double confirm with Rzcrew guys, yours is installed wrongly. I believe you can feel MUCH MORE benefit if you install it correctly. ;)

At least your rear is correct. Go back to your mechanic and get him to complete the correct job for the front 6 collars.
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
Old 10-11-2013, 03:14 AM   #13
Chuckie

Quote:
I have the exact same Rzcrew collars as you, my friend. It is all written very clearly on the given instruction. Guess your mechanic is lazy to read the given instruction. I even double confirm with Rzcrew guys, yours is installed wrongly. I believe you can feel MUCH MORE benefit if you install it correctly. ;)

At least your rear is correct. Go back to your mechanic and get him to complete the correct job for the front 6 collars.
Thanks for the heads up. Is this true also about the two in the very front of the car?
Old 10-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #14
evo165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Is this true also about the two in the very front of the car?
Don't worry sir. This forum is here to help us all to share.

Yes you're correct for the very front as well. Which is the hardest part to get it install as it is mount right up on our 2 main frame chassis. And the arms is blocking up the way to get it install.

Do it the right way, buddy!! You'll get it MUCH MORE advantage than just mounting it on the bolts.

The only thing you'll need to worry about it now is, the collars might be "compressed/deform" due to the tightening on the collars. As you can see, the collars have a very tiny flange on both side.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #15
Chuckie

^^ ok .. I just contacted our supplier here. He said the two in the very front were installed correctly. So now I just have to correct the ones where the strut bar goes. Hope they arent deformed yet..had them on for three weeks.. What you think?
Old 10-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #16
evo165

From the pictures, the bolt actually have a washer on it... I believe your collars flange are hiding inside the free-space washers. Best is to remove them and check... the 4 bolts are very easy and fast to do it. Except for the most 2 front bolts. ;) Hope it help...
Old 10-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #17
Chuckie

Quote:
From the pictures, the bolt actually have a washer on it... I believe your collars flange are hiding inside the free-space washers. Best is to remove them and check... the 4 bolts are very easy and fast to do it. Except for the most 2 front bolts. ;) Hope it help...
Bro, are you 100% sure about the 4 collars where the front stutbar goes? In the instructions, it doesnt specify they go between subframe an chassis. Unlike the type A collars in the very front. It specifies about the Type A collars going inbetween chassis and subframe, but not the B and C collars. Are you sure the B and C collars were installed between chassis and subframe on your car? Tnx...
Old 10-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #18
evo165

I got mine from Rzcrew and the chief guy tell me about it... I haven't yet to install them on my car but the set it is with me. Since your is already install and you can feel the already improvement over the stock. You may just want to leave it as it is... Because those collars all of them have the taper flange... Once you remove it the flange might be damage, sir.