Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-18-2019, 05:24 PM   #1
Oaborbag

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
2008 with low power, sluggish

Hey everyone, first time posting here but been lurking un-registered for a while.
I've had the car for about 2.5 years and put about 36k miles on it since I got it. My brother had it prior and it has 94k on it now. Been a great car for commuting in, but over the last couple of weeks I've noticed something when driving since it's been heating up here in California.

When accelerating, the car seems to have very little power (I know it only had 106hp new...but still, it used to at least get to 30 decently). Not sure what the issue is. It idles fine, runs fine, just seems very sluggish and not sure where to start. I can still go highway speed fine, just takes longer to get up to speed.

Another issue, when stopped in gear with the ac on, it makes almost like a knocking noise and stops every so often. Usually lasts for about 5 seconds then goes away. Does not happen without the ac on. I'ts done this for a long time, just never thought anything about it.
Oaborbag is offline   Reply With Quote