Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Finally found the answer to the annoying ticking/rattling sound from inside...

So there may already been a post about this but for awhile now I have had this extremely annoying ticking rattling sound coming from the front interior of my car. I tend to listen to my music loud and it still can be heard through it. After scouring tsbs I finally found the answer.

Pretty much there are stoppers inside the windshield you are suppose to cut and remove that constantly tap on the glass if you not on driving down a perfectly smooth freshly pathed road.

You pretty much remove the pillars and sun visors and then gently bring down the front of the headliner. Then take a box cutter or small hacksaw and cut the tips off and reassemble.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Nice and simple explanation.

I've had the same problem from the rear hatch for about half a year now- kind of sounds like the hatch is flexing and bending on bumpier roads, sort of crackle and rattle sounds coming from there. I'll probably disassemble the hatch and see if there are any similar clips there.

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Thankfully I've had no such issue with my '08 sedan.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote