Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #397
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
So i got a hold of Clifford Paint and Bodykits through their facebook and talked bout getting a hold of the TRD Sportivo3 front end I have been drooling over. I found out since they are not a TRD distributor they actually produce Fiberglass replicas which made me very wary since im so low and fiberglass would most likely be so rigid as soon as i lay it on the ground (which happens often at my height) it would crack.

I decided to do a little research on fiberglass vs ABS and i read quite a few people referencing different qualities and types of fiberglass with varying durability and flexibility. I even found a few posts of people commenting on the production process and materials used in Asia spec fiberglass being more durable and flexible than the domestic versions.

I continued to correspond with Clifford and the owner advised me that his fiberglass is more durable and more flexible than ABS. I thought that may be him pitching his product to me until he sent me these photos.

That does not even look like fiberglass and look how much it flexes. I am almost certain I will be ordering this soon

Name:  2.jpeg
Views: 299
Size:  154.7 KB

Name:  1.jpeg
Size:  174.6 KB

Name:  3.jpeg
Size:  164.5 KB

Name:  4.jpeg
Views: 300
Size:  179.5 KB

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #398
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
I Highly Highly HIGHLY recommend after you get this painted. Get it wrapped in that clear 3M wrap. I don't care how much that fiberglass flexes, it will still chip away with any road debris you come across on the highway.

Not only will you save your paint from chips, but its also waxable.
It applies just like that carbon fiber wrap on cars, but its clear. There is a guy here that wrapped his whole car with this in silver. Each body part separately and it looks like a perfect paint job. I was shocked.

here is the website, you can get a free sample to try it out on a small part.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ts/Series1080/
Old 11-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #399
Form>Function

Thanks dude I was gonna text you once I got it for tips to help save it lol. I've seen your posts about fiberglass body parts. But I actually was talking with jpadua and I found the lip in ABS for way cheaper and I placed the order. Waiting for them to get back to me on shipping.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #400
ilikerice

Hell Yea. I have a plan to salvage my front bumper. Its a bit unorthadox, but I think it will be pretty awesome. I just need a machine to bend a sheet of metal the same radius as the center/bottom part of my front bumper.

I wish I went ABS. Would make my life alot easier.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #401
Form>Function

Yea i read of a bunch of different ways people were trying to repair and reinforce FG but rather than get the lip and hope and pray during every commute that it doesnt come in contact with the ground was a long shot. Better to get something that will take a beating better.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #402
ilikerice

agreed
Old 11-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #403
Form>Function

Anyone have any idea on the difference in dimensions from the 02-06 vios and the 07+ vios? My rear window/roof visor is turning purple and im actually considering changing it up. I found this style which would be exactly what I want but im afraid the 02-06 rear window might not be the same size and it wont fit my 07.

Anyone know??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-ROOF-VI...ht_1967wt_1054

This is very similar and the body actually looks like the 07+ style

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/273..._Visor_Sun.jpg

Old 11-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #404
Form>Function

I think my first gas station pump pics

what a horrible camera phone

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  66.1 KB

Old 11-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #405
rye7jen

Drives: 2nz-fe '10
dude, what happened to your oem front lip?
rye7jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #406
Form>Function

I was driving down the road during like some torrential Florida Hurricane weather and i have to go through this like insale 3 foot deep flooded section of road. Water was like splashing inside my windows it was so deep. Well when I got home i looked at my car and it was missing lol. Tried to drive to where I thought I lost it but nothing to be found.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #407
ilikerice

Heard you had fun at the FIRM.. People were asking about you and your photographer. They were saying how that camera was on fire from taking so many pictures.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #408
Form>Function

Haha yea man we lit it up! It was so much fun man and your whole Buccaneer crew were running it man. They all went up classes iirc

Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #409
ilikerice

They are lucky I didn't show up. Buck is fast against guys in Florida. But I am faster by a couple seconds. I need to get out and expand my compitition. You will laugh when I show up. I replace my bumpers, headlights, and my rims at the event. All under 30 mins.

I am done for the year, I am booked up every weekend doing something. When next year starts up I should be good to make some longer events.

Speaking of booked up. Do you know anyplace near orland that has horseback riding? My wife would love to do that and I am looking for a decently price horse back riding ranch for novices.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #410
Form>Function

Yea man Buck was telling us that he basically worships you in the auto x and tries to match you lol.

Id love to see you run and finally meet up lol we will shoot for next years season lol

I actually dont know any in particular, I used to ride myself and even show but its been so long that i dont have any more contacts

Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #411
febriandp
hellabroke

Drives: 2012 Yaris Hatch 1.5 5DR
lovin the setup. just curious, why dont you put the wheelcaps on?
febriandp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #412
Form>Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by febriandp View Post
lovin the setup. just curious, why dont you put the wheelcaps on?
Thanks dude!

Because theyre not locking I dont want to daily with them on, anyone can litteraly walk over and spin them off in seconds. I also recently decided to reuse my old full height hexes instead of the shorter ones for that old school classic look so I am having them fully polished and then Ill be rocking them for shows

Old 11-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #413
rye7jen

Drives: 2nz-fe '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
I was driving down the road during like some torrential Florida Hurricane weather and i have to go through this like insale 3 foot deep flooded section of road. Water was like splashing inside my windows it was so deep. Well when I got home i looked at my car and it was missing lol. Tried to drive to where I thought I lost it but nothing to be found.
^This cracked me up a little IMO that OEM lip matches your setup better rather than those aftermarket front chins. Nice ride though .
rye7jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #414
Form>Function

Thanks man. Yea this new lip I ordered will be my first time with something larger and more aggressive. Let's see how it looks lol