Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
beebosaur

Drives: 2011 Super White 5 door hatch
Hit a cone on the freeway =[

So, I was driving behind a truck when I decided to switch lanes to the left. I look over my shoulder to see the lane is clear and as I turn back and start switching lanes the truck in front of me switches lanes to the right and reveals a cone in the road. Too late, my options are either run it over or swerve into the cars next to me. A loud bump later and I'm left with a cracked bumper. The little black piece covering where the foglight would be fell off and my windshield wiper reserve tank leaked as well. =[

beebosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
ptitpiffute

Drives: Yaris RS 2007
That sucks ! Here in Mtl, it is cone town, everywhere, they are. But I'm touching wood, never met one on the road. I hope it won't cost you too much.
ptitpiffute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

Drives: yaris
that bites

I just got my new yaris bumper and repairs done, and had it
2 weeks... and nailed a full bottle of gatorade on the highway at around 79mph.

it cracked the new bumper way down low...so I just applied a huge blob
of GOOP adhesive to keep the crack from propagating. looks OK unless
you lean down and look closely.

---------------
yours looks like
at least a 500 dollar professional repair if no metal is bent

bumper
washer tank
paint, clearcoat

---------------
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
beebosaur

Drives: 2011 Super White 5 door hatch
ugh... wayyy more than i can afford right now. is there a place where i can get a new reserve tank and the fog light cover? i'm pretty sure i can wash those scratches off. i'll feel a little better if it wasn't so damn obvious. =[
beebosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by beebosaur View Post
ugh... wayyy more than i can afford right now. is there a place where i can get a new reserve tank and the fog light cover? i'm pretty sure i can wash those scratches off. i'll feel a little better if it wasn't so damn obvious. =[
You should be able to get a fog light cover for next to nothing from someone who added fogs to their 09+.

For the washer tank, a junkyard will probably be your best bet. car-parts.com is a great online database of junkyards.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
You should be able to get a fog light cover for next to nothing from someone who added fogs to their 09+.

For the washer tank, a junkyard will probably be your best bet. car-parts.com is a great online database of junkyards.
CTScott, you're right!

OP, I've got a set that are sitting in a box from when installed my fogs way back when. Practically new. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in them...

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #7
Profotoiam

Drives: yaris
depdning on how bad the crack is silicone it toghther it just holds water nothing fancy
Profotoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #8
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
It's not quite as simple as just siliconing plastic back together. If you really want to DIY try to find a bumper specific adhesive repair kit.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #9
tk1971

Drives: 08 2Dr LB Base, Silver
Beebosaur, you have my sympathies. Your post gave me a flashback of when this exact thing happened to my 95 Civic coupe (back in 96 or so). The Civic fared worse than the Yaris. I had to replace the entire bumper (ripped half of it right off), as well as the window washer reservoir / motor, and that piece of plastic screwed underneath the bumper called the front chin spoiler.
tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote