Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-02-2015, 01:11 PM   #1
StarWing

Drives: Yaris 1.3 VVTi 1st gen
AC issue

Hi, first post on this forum and immidiately a tech question.

My wife drives a 1st gen yaris (2004) and earlier this week the car went to the dealer for an airbag recall.
The job took about 1h to complete.
After this, the A/C wasn't working anymore. The compressor doesn't start (hearable) and the A/C control light doesn't come on.

I've checked the A/C fuse (7.5A) and the accessible connectors behind the fusebox and glovebox but they are all ok.

So, to be prepared for the discussion with dealer, could the malfuntioning of the AC be related to the actions regarding the recall ? I have no clue whatsoever about the technical details of the recall.

I also searched the internet for an electrical diagram of the A/C system, but I can't seem to find it. I found out that there should be an A/C control unit somewhere, but I found some conflicting info about the location of this box.
If this control box exists, where can I find it or other parts of the A/C system ? (relays, ...), and could it be that the control box was removed while working on the recall job ?

Thanks !!!
StarWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Did they do something with the steering wheel or passenger airbag? If it was the passenger one, they would have had to remove the dashboard, so it is very possible that they forgot to put a connector back on. The most likely connectors would be the ones on the back of the control knobs for the AC system.

Here is the layout of AC parts under the dash:

Yaris 04 AC.jpg
Old 12-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #3
StarWing

Drives: Yaris 1.3 VVTi 1st gen
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Appearantly they worked on the passenger side airbag, so it's likely that someting wasn't put back in the right place.
StarWing is offline   Reply With Quote