Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #55
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Buy a Yaris. Or something else.

how'd I do?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #56
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Don't get offended by what I'm about to say if you disagree.

Saying there isn't any power potential in the 1NZ is bullshit. We have established this already. Someone is running around putting 180 to the ground in a Yaris on stock internals. Nobody will know how much the Yaris will or won't handle until ZPI's car blows up. PERIOD.

In the meantime, Ashley hit the nail on the head. If you want to see power our of your N/A Yaris (re: if you can't afford a turbo) you're going to want to start bolting on some less restrictive parts, then go out and give your car a good tune w/ a piggyback. From the graphs I'm looking at, 15-20% looks to be conservative. I think 115-120 on the ground from a Yaris with a relatively small investment is feasible, and a 20-25% increase in horsepower over stock isn't going to cut your engine life in half.

The power potential in this car lies in the restrictive intake/exhaust hardware and the gas-mileage-only stock tune.

anyone stop to think how the B16 gets 160hp? RPM's. rev that 1nz to 8500rpm and you'll make more power without doing a single mod, because power is just a function of torque and rpm.

(i am in no way suggesting that you should try 8500rpm on stock engine'd yaris, just putting the "power" thing in perspective)

also, remember the 1nz has an offset crank, very thin rods, and soft valve springs. all of these things lead up to catastrophic engine failure at high rpm's.

so, the money spent (wasted) to build a high-rpm NA 1nzfe should be better used either swapping or going forced induction. or hell, nitrous.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #57
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
so, has anyone come up with an answer to the OP's question yet?

does anyone have a chip tuner or programmer out there yet? i'd invest 300 in a programmer well before i ported heads, turbo'd, 'charged, or any other power adder simply for the fact that i wanna run premium, and i wanna stay NA. so, tuning gets 25% for most cars, and 125 is a good amount of power for the size, weight, and stock brakes size of the car.

any way...back to the OP's topic and not wishful thinking or bickering about who's dong is bigger or what's gonna happen if you do a tune/program...i wanna know if there's a programmer out or coming out.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:19 AM   #58
cfeng

Drives: Yaris 2010 Liftback
i found this http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/pr...con/camcon.htm
cfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #59
evoxgsr

Drives: evo x gsr
I can't believe Paul from Dezod hasn't posted his achievement from yesterday yet. He has what all of you are looking for...
Speed Circuit UICP, CAI-BLOX velocity stack-Waste Gate mod 4 turns-TWM Short Shifter with 400gram knob-COBB AP, Turbo Inlet Hose-UR HFC, 4.5"intercooler, dual exit catback-Perrin Rear Swaybar-Enkei RPF1s 18x9.5 Black-HKS SSQV recirc-AMS downpipe, SS brake lines, LICP-Grimmspeed 3 port-boost gauge in ashtray-Rally Armour UR Mudflaps-Rexpeed CF HoodScoop, VG-Swift Springs- APR Front Splitter-AEM AFR Gauge
evoxgsr is offline   Reply With Quote