Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-08-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
evoxgsr

Drives: evo x gsr
Strange place for me.

First post for me, this is a weird place for me to be having a full bolt on and tuned Mitsu Evo X . I've learned a lot reading this forum for the last couple of weeks but there are a few questions I couldn't find the answer to.

I'm trying to enhance my fiance's 09 yaris hatchback a/t, I already did a drop in K&N. She was complaining about highway speed handling/cornering so I just purchased springs locally(lucky to know Paul from Dezod personally) and the 19mm ultra rear sway from micro image. I've been reading this site for a while and I've been looking for a back to back dyno sheet comparing the stock exhaust to the TRD or anything similar to see exactly what the gains would be, not so much even the peak numbers but the area gained under the torque curve is my largest interest. I looked around and most times there are multiple mods added at the same time skewing the numbers.
Speed Circuit UICP, CAI-BLOX velocity stack-Waste Gate mod 4 turns-TWM Short Shifter with 400gram knob-COBB AP, Turbo Inlet Hose-UR HFC, 4.5"intercooler, dual exit catback-Perrin Rear Swaybar-Enkei RPF1s 18x9.5 Black-HKS SSQV recirc-AMS downpipe, SS brake lines, LICP-Grimmspeed 3 port-boost gauge in ashtray-Rally Armour UR Mudflaps-Rexpeed CF HoodScoop, VG-Swift Springs- APR Front Splitter-AEM AFR Gauge
evoxgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
and the 19mm ultra rear sway from micro image.
ha thanks, that does help the handling and freeway stability.

axle-back exhaust will net you a few horsepower, but not enough to really talk about changing torque curves and such.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
evoxgsr

Thanks for the response, that is kind of what I figured.
Speed Circuit UICP, CAI-BLOX velocity stack-Waste Gate mod 4 turns-TWM Short Shifter with 400gram knob-COBB AP, Turbo Inlet Hose-UR HFC, 4.5"intercooler, dual exit catback-Perrin Rear Swaybar-Enkei RPF1s 18x9.5 Black-HKS SSQV recirc-AMS downpipe, SS brake lines, LICP-Grimmspeed 3 port-boost gauge in ashtray-Rally Armour UR Mudflaps-Rexpeed CF HoodScoop, VG-Swift Springs- APR Front Splitter-AEM AFR Gauge
Old 08-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Dezod
The Scion Guru

Drives: Scions
Thanks for the business sir!
W: www.dezod.com

Your leading source for all of your performance needs! From turbos and components, to brakes and suspension, Dezod has you covered.
Dezod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
you'll still get your 5-10% but come on...it's not like a turbo car or a v-8 car here. they get the same 10% but they're talkin about 30-40hp for exhaust...we only get 10 or so. it's not noticeable until you start doing all the mods, header/midpipe, puleys, intake, and anything else you can think of.

there was another thread that mentioned having everything done bolt-on wise and the yaris was making about 115 hp or so. for the thousand you'd spend and get 15-20hp....i'd spend another grand and get 50% (50-60hp) with a turbo or 'charger setup. or, do a 30-shot of nos for 600 bux.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
evoxgsr

Yea I know. With the 19mm rear sway bar and eibach pro kit its a completely different car. She can almost keep up with me in the twisties now.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
evoxgsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod View Post
Thanks for the business sir!
Thanks for the awesome service sir!
Old 08-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
Dezod
The Scion Guru

Drives: Scions
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoxgsr View Post
Thanks for the awesome service sir!
You are VERY welcome sir!

So now I want to tune that APR on your girl's car.
W: www.dezod.com

Your leading source for all of your performance needs! From turbos and components, to brakes and suspension, Dezod has you covered.
Dezod is offline   Reply With Quote