Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
Stoln

Drives: 2007 5 Door Hatch
Window Sticker

Hey,

The dealership I bought my car from in Canada had the window sticker on the side window of the car when I saw it was in the showroom. The car went to the compound (why I do not know), then back to the dealer when I bought it. To my dismay the window sticker was missing. I asked the salesman and the sales manager for a window sticker and they claim it is impossible to get one. I would like to know if any one here has a way for me to print the options of the car I bought. The dealer is of no help so I turn here.
Stoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
Hmmmm........Might take a bit of work but try this. When I bought my car I looked on the dealer's website. I clicked on "view inventory" and found what I wanted....color, options, etc. The car has a number to it, it was the last 6 digits of the V.I.N. That's how they keep track of it....match up the keys, the lot guys know which car to fetch,etc etc.

When I clicked on that number, it pulled up a quick description of the car and in the corner it asked "view window sticker". I clicked on that and it showed the actual sticker that was put on the car, much smaller but you get the idea. Displayed the city/highway mileage, options, where it came to port. All those goodies on the sticker.

What you can do is see if the dealer's website lists inventory and has the same option to view window sticker. Find a comparable car that IS IN inventory and pulled up that sticker.

When I looked for my car originally, there were 7 Meteorite Metallic HB, 5spd, with the same packages I got. At the time there were 76 Yaris on the lot, 33 sedans and the rest hbs. Actually the one I had picked out and put a hold on the day prior was in the back of the lot. So that we didn't have to dig it out, I took the first M/M HB that was in line. Same everything, just easily accessible.

I hope this helps. It won't be your exact car but the only thing different will be the V.I.N.

Besides, Not being able to get you one is crapolla by them, My salesdude had a photo copy of the original window sticker in my folder. My sticker was folded neatly in the owner's manual pouch that I got.

Good luck and make some noise, They'll find ya one. Saturdays are a good day to get loud and get what you want, the showrooms are "crowded". "I hope this isn't the way you treat ALL your customers" usually gets things done.

Chuck

Chuck
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
They tried to get rid of mine as well after they went and filled up the tank and gave it a wash. Luckily one of the service guys didn't destroy it when removing so the salesman was able to get it for me. I did get a odd look though that I wanted to keep the window sticker.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
The dealer is allowed to remove the sticker? In the US federal law says it is to removed only by the buyer... mine was on the car when I picked it up. If it's gone though, I think they are right that another can't be printed.

But can't they print you a copy of the invoice or something? The dealer I bought from printed one out to show me before I bought. It's not a good sign that they are being such a pain about this--raising hell about their attitude now may make them less likely to jerk you around later...

Another possibility, have you looked at Toyota Canada's website? You might be able to find a list of available options there. It's http://www.toyota.ca/
Old 07-10-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
Nigal

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
My dealers always take it off and stick it in my owner's manual and papers when I sign.
Nigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigal View Post
My dealers always take it off and stick it in my owner's manual and papers when I sign.
+1
cm07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:01 AM   #7
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigal View Post
+2
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #8
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
the sticker MUST be given to you or must stay with the vehicle, when you buy it here in the states. It is quite possible they may be hiding something from you... WHAT? who knows. maybe you paid for a yaris with NAV and it was never installed (just an example)

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #9
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
I didn't really think about the windows sticker but it was in the passenger side glove compartment when I got my car.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #10
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
In the state of Maine you can't even register your car without the original window sticker if it new...seems fishy to me...I would definitely make some noise...they fuk'd up.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #11
DjT
:)

Drives: 2007 5DR Yaris HB RS
I was provided with two extra spare stickers.
DjT is offline   Reply With Quote