Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #55
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
you THINK that toyota would know how they're parts fit on all cars no matter where they've been ordered from, but the sad truth is most people don't modify their toyotas especially one that already comes with a wing on it...

hickman, give him a break...no need to stress over minutia just to prove you're right. bottom line is, he waiting a LONG time for his RS
Old 02-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #56
YarisBC

Drives: 2010 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
you THINK that toyota would know how they're parts fit on all cars no matter where they've been ordered from, but the sad truth is most people don't modify their toyotas especially one that already comes with a wing on it...

hickman, give him a break...no need to stress over minutia just to prove you're right. bottom line is, he waiting a LONG time for his RS
Yah the spoiler was a Toyota part, not a custom part like the TRD stuff I asked for, it's a check-able upgrade with the build a car option on Toyota.com and Toyota.ca. You'll see you have a choice of no spoiler, regular one or Rally. Mistakes happen, I don't blame the dealer, I blame Toyota. I'll get that spoiler for free now, so I save 400 dollars because of that mistake and I'm happy with that.

Also, I don't know if Toyota should advertise a car, that they expect sales to be so low that it's not worth having them on lots. I really don't understand that concept at all. Waste of advertising, money and consumers time.

Positive side to all of this is that I'll pick the car up on Wednesday, drive it home, put the new rims and tires on it, and maybe take my kids on a road trip.

I'll get some pics and put them up if the weather is nice.
YarisBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:16 AM   #57
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
barber, wtf, y wasn't i invited to this party!! lol, dnw man, u will get ure RS soon enough. i waited 3 months for mine and it finally came and i love it. the RS is hard to get and from what i understand its build for the person whom ordered it and is shipped from japan. the spoiler issue seems likes a copout. if you ordered it with the bigger spoiler then make sure its on there when u get the car. and on there properly too.

Just my 2 cents
Old 02-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #58
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
The spoiler is something that the PARTS department screwed up on so they should pay to fix that. They can order a new rear hatch if it is that badly screwed up. As for when the vehicle is supposed to have come in, I have had that happen to me as a salesman and my customer was ticked. Nothing to control there. The computer says a certian date for assembly, freight, and when it should hit the ground.
eric81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #59
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric81 View Post
The spoiler is something that the PARTS department screwed up on so they should pay to fix that. They can order a new rear hatch if it is that badly screwed up. As for when the vehicle is supposed to have come in, I have had that happen to me as a salesman and my customer was ticked. Nothing to control there. The computer says a certian date for assembly, freight, and when it should hit the ground.
It's not the parts dept fault because he didn't order it from the same dealership.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #60
YarisBC

Drives: 2010 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
It's not the parts dept fault because he didn't order it from the same dealership.

The parts department ordered all of the parts, including the TRD stuff.

The spoiler is a check-able option on the Toyota, it wasn't a special TRD part out sourced. It's called the Rally Spoiler on the official Toyota site, but is referred to as the TRD rally spoiler.

The parts comes from a Toyota parts warehouse, not TRD USA, its an option like power window package, all season mats, or the shifter knob.

Go to toyota.ca or toyota.com

Click on the Yaris, click build it. Look at all the options you get to pick from, sport spoiler, and Rally spoiler are on there.

I'm just glad when this is going to be over. I'll never use a dealer to get a car again, It's way easier and cheaper to import an older used car from Japan.
YarisBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #61
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Really man, read my first thread.... Its called Toyota pissing me off, really this is bs apparently all toyota dealerships put ppl through.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #62
b_hickman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisBC View Post
The parts department ordered all of the parts, including the TRD stuff.

The spoiler is a check-able option on the Toyota, it wasn't a special TRD part out sourced. It's called the Rally Spoiler on the official Toyota site, but is referred to as the TRD rally spoiler.

The parts comes from a Toyota parts warehouse, not TRD USA, its an option like power window package, all season mats, or the shifter knob.

Go to toyota.ca or toyota.com

Click on the Yaris, click build it. Look at all the options you get to pick from, sport spoiler, and Rally spoiler are on there.

I'm just glad when this is going to be over. I'll never use a dealer to get a car again, It's way easier and cheaper to import an older used car from Japan.
Oh my bad. I thought on a pervious post you said you bought all the aftermarket parts somewhere else and had them shipped to the dealer. Why wouldn't a "Rally" Sport edition Yaris not come with the "Rally" spoiler?

By the way, I went to toyota.com and did the build your own feature. There is no option to add any kind of spoiler unless you buy the sport package which comes with the standard feature. So not all regions offer a spoiler much less an upgraded spoiler. Try it for yourself. My zip is 75965.

Here is one of your quotes, "They called me back 20 minutes later and the TRD Rally Spoiler wont fit......"
This is why I thought it was a TRD part which are aftermarket parts.

Oh yea, today is the 20th.....Show us some pics of your new car!

Last edited by b_hickman11; 02-20-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #63
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
FYI - If those new holes they drilled are anywhere close to the hatch weatherstripping, make sure you get a new hatch. Also look inside to make sure they didn't just repair the holes from the outside.

Sorry about your issues - my transaction was seamless but I also didn't have the dealer install or order anything, including the car.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #64
b_hickman11

any pics yet?
Old 02-21-2010, 12:14 AM   #65
woof

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch/Black
Does the Canadian RS have the 1.8 engine?
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:18 AM   #66
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Does the Canadian RS have the 1.8 engine?
no, 1.5L 1nzfe
Old 05-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #67
DKazzed

Drives: Mazda 5 GT 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
muffler 668? you could get the most expensive aftermarket muffler for 350us shipped!
First time post, to his defense, the TRD exhaust is by Borla and Borla makes one of the sweetest sounding exhaust systems around. I was thinking of getting an Echo and could've for the love of me find the Borla exhaust for the Echo anymore or many other parts for that matter. Plus it's one less "warranty-voiding" item to worry about. "Oh your muffler was condensing inside and it caused water vapours to enter back into the engine with back pressure and that's why your pistons are seized". You know the dealer will come up with any excuse not to honour a warranty and aftermarket parts is the first good route to go. A TRD part installed by the dealer is warrantied.
DKazzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #68
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKazzed View Post
First time post, to his defense, the TRD exhaust is by Borla and Borla makes one of the sweetest sounding exhaust systems around. I was thinking of getting an Echo and could've for the love of me find the Borla exhaust for the Echo anymore or many other parts for that matter. Plus it's one less "warranty-voiding" item to worry about. "Oh your muffler was condensing inside and it caused water vapours to enter back into the engine with back pressure and that's why your pistons are seized". You know the dealer will come up with any excuse not to honour a warranty and aftermarket parts is the first good route to go. A TRD part installed by the dealer is warrantied.
if the dealer tried to tell me a non-TuRD muffler had caused my pistons to seize (or anything else, for that matter) id flatten him