Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #19
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisBC View Post
Deposit and order sent. But I consider it bought since most of the parts have already come in, and that dealership has been pretty cool with me and my other car (No one else will touch it) in the past. It's not the dealerships fault.

Point of this thread is I was wondering if these kind of waits are normal for Toyota. And why would Toyota spend all the money advertising a car that they don't even manufacture for customer view?
I don't think I would spend 7000 on a car that I haven't even seen yet. This kind of wait is normal for Toyota. Remember they are not actually building the car for you nor did they send your order over seas. Your dealer sends a message to your local to distributor telling them IF they get a Yaris matching the one you order and IF someone else wasn't already in line ahead of you, then they will pull it aside and send it to your dealer. It's a bunch of IF's that could mean a few months or up to a year.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #20
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
$7000k accessory from Toyota Dealership seems outrageous, maybe you can ask dealer to give you the list of mod it included in that " $7000" accessory and the price for each item they charge you then you can show the list to us.

Maybe this way we can tell you whether you got ripped by dealer or a good deal.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #21
b_hickman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
...otherwise I was looking at 3-4 months minimum because it would have to be built and shipped...

Cheers
This makes people believe that they can actually order a Toyota and then have it built just for them when in fact you can not order one.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #22
YarisBC

Drives: 2010 RS
The total for the car alone is 22,717 89. There is a build a car option on toyota.ca. I tried a couple combination on the regular 5 door LE to see if its any cheaper, but as soon as I get the one upgrade package with the AC. I only save a thousand bucks and lose out on all the options. There is no such thing as a 15 grand 5dr Yaris.

The Toyota options that I want is
Center Arm Rest 108.30
Bodyside Mouding 173.20
All season Mats 91.10
Rear Rally Spoiler. 335 + 59.40 install

The non Toyota wheels

OZ 17" Super Turismo WRC rims 1064+ 99 mount and balance
Nokian WR tires are 1633

The TRD PArts

TRD Quick Shift, 315 + 150 install
TRD Carbon Fibre Knob 120
TRD Rear Sway Bar 235+ 29.70 install
TRD shock absorbers 980+ 218 install
TRD lowering kit 300 + 257 install
TRD air filter 90
TRD muffler 668 + 69.30 install

28,079 06 total with the perf. parts There is also the 3m paint protection kit, the clear coat, and under spray in this price. the extra warrenty on the rims etc as well.

Stuff that I've purchased

TANABE FRONT STRUT BAR 156.36 dealer install no charge
Alpine overhead 10 inch screen and dvd. 799 + tax

Two other parts that I'm considering. First if the Blitz supercharger. how much are these going for?

Other thing is replacement speakers for the RS deck. Anyone recommend anything that fit in the stock speaker slots?
YarisBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #23
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
TRD air filter 90
oh my god! those prices are crazy! you seriously should have taken the time to shop around.....they're charging you 218 for the install of the shocks and 257 for the springs.....they go together! its one job!

muffler 668? you could get the most expensive aftermarket muffler for 350us shipped!

wow man, thats a lot of dough for those parts w/ install.....your @$$ hurt from toyota givin' it to you?!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #24
b_hickman11

Quote:
The total for the car alone is 22,717 89. There is a build a car option on toyota.ca. I tried a couple combination on the regular 5 door LE to see if its any cheaper, but as soon as I get the one upgrade package with the AC. I only save a thousand bucks and lose out on all the options. There is no such thing as a 15 grand 5dr Yaris.

The Toyota options that I want is
Center Arm Rest 108.30
Bodyside Mouding 173.20
All season Mats 91.10
Rear Rally Spoiler. 335 + 59.40 install

The non Toyota wheels

OZ 17" Super Turismo WRC rims 1064+ 99 mount and balance
Nokian WR tires are 1633

The TRD PArts

TRD air filter 90

28,079 06 total with the perf. parts There is also the 3m paint protection kit, the clear coat, and under spray in this price. the extra warrenty on the rims etc as well.

Stuff that I've purchased

TANABE FRONT STRUT BAR 156.36 dealer install no charge
Alpine overhead 10 inch screen and dvd. 799 + tax

Two other parts that I'm considering. First if the Blitz supercharger. how much are these going for?

Other thing is replacement speakers for the RS deck. Anyone recommend anything that fit in the stock speaker slots?
You getting your Yaris ready to run the Daytona on Feb 14?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #25
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
man, they must have seen you coming! lol
Old 01-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #26
upgradedyaris

Drives: Yaris & Supra
Quote:
The total for the car alone is 22,717 89. There is a build a car option on toyota.ca. I tried a couple combination on the regular 5 door LE to see if its any cheaper, but as soon as I get the one upgrade package with the AC.
I have an LE and it has everything the same as the RS minus wheels and a few minor cosmetics. (which I personally dislike) As stated, I have variable wiper control (RS doesn't have) and cruise too. :)

Duane
upgradedyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #27
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
I've gotta see the window sticker on this thing. I'm having a hard time believing it exists. If it does, I'd love to race against it in my $12k Yaris. I'll own you, since you've added about 500lbs to it!! BTW- $1600 tires?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:47 PM   #28
YarisBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
oh my god! those prices are crazy! you seriously should have taken the time to shop around.....they're charging you 218 for the install of the shocks and 257 for the springs.....they go together! its one job!

muffler 668? you could get the most expensive aftermarket muffler for 350us shipped!

wow man, thats a lot of dough for those parts w/ install.....your @$$ hurt from toyota givin' it to you?!
Post a link for a cheaper price on any of the parts and I'll take it with me to the dealer. I could find the TRD Yaris Exhaust system for around 350 U.S for the Sedan, but not the 5dr RS.

I noticed the double charge on the suspension, I'll get them to fix that install price.

The car isn't here yet and nothing has been installed. If there are lower TRD part prices I can simply buy from that source and ship the dealer stuff back.

I'm not interested in non TRD parts. Trying to convince a TRD fan to go with something else is like trying to convince your fiance the fake engagement ring you got her is just is good. It may look the same and server the same function, but it's not the same thing.

Last edited by YarisBC; 01-26-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:56 PM   #29
YarisBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
man, they must have seen you coming! lol
They know I'll drop money on a car, they have seen and worked on my other one.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:01 AM   #30
YarisBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
I've gotta see the window sticker on this thing. I'm having a hard time believing it exists. If it does, I'd love to race against it in my $12k Yaris. I'll own you, since you've added about 500lbs to it!! BTW- $1600 tires?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
I can't get a 12k Yaris in Canada. If there is one for 12k let me know where it is, and I'll cancel this deal and pay cash for the 12k one, I won't need to finance.

I figure I've added about 50 pounds with those Rims and Tires, not 500.

I need all weather tires, or very good all season for the summer because of the area that I live in. Can you make a better constructive suggestion that you know of, and that you have tested a better less expensive tire in an extreme icy region of north america?

Last edited by YarisBC; 01-26-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #31
YarisBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgradedyaris View Post
I have an LE and it has everything the same as the RS minus wheels and a few minor cosmetics. (which I personally dislike) As stated, I have variable wiper control (RS doesn't have) and cruise too. :)

Duane
2010 Yaris Hatchback 5 Door LE with Convenience Package

2010 Yaris Hatchback 5-Door RS

Savings of 2420

For $2420 you get

RS body kit.( I really like the RS body kit but I think a regular Yaris looks just as good lowered with nice rims.)

The way better looking darker interior with the sport seats. I really don't like the material on the regular yaris seats, looks like an old womans panty hose.

6 disk CD changer with ipod jack. I don't care much about the 6 cd thing, but the ipod jack is important to me.

Leather wrapped steering wheel

RS grille badge lol

Power/Remote heated mirrors.

15 inch aluminum ally wheels

Vehicle Stability Control. This is a pretty big deal for winter driving. But now that I think about it, I don't think TC will go well with a supercharger if I decide on getting one? Anyone running a charged Yaris with TC?

I don't think thats really to bad for 2500 dollars. A decent set of seats, rails and sliders will put you back $1200 to $2500 alone.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 AM   #32
YarisBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
The added "protection packages" are crazy expensive too, and are basically the "super size me" items where the dealers make the most profit...

Cheers
The added protection package is only 545.95. I get that clear coat protection paint, the 3m ant chip film, electronic anti rust box, rim damage coverage and the black undercoating spray.

The price is high because of the Canadian dollar and the car base price, Canadian Taxes and levy and brand name performance parts which I should be able to get down if you can show me some lower prices on TRD parts.

Some more info on my costs...

MSRP 19,555.00
Freight 1280
Block Heater 212
Battery Levy 5
Tire Levy 25
FETax for my AC 100
GSTax 1058
SSTax 1482

Pretty big cost in Freight and Taxes :( Over $4000 that I can't do anything at all about, and neither can they.

I got a $1000 rebate for the goverment clean car refund. SST Reduction.
And another $1000 back because of Toyota's cash back program on the Yaris.

I don't have a break down on the prices that came from the states. I buy a lot of stuff online from Ebay and other Us stores. I usually pay 30% duty on goods shipped in from the US. But, sometimes I get lucky and don't have to pay anything. So it's always good to assume that anything I buy from the US, add an additional 30% cost because NAFTA isn't free if your Canadian lol.

Oh I didn't mention. I went to this dealership with a list of parts that I wanted and they then shopped for prices. I went in with a price list on parts and they then looked for US dealer, and brought the parts in for me. All of the prices were comparable to what I went in with. I did research and price out the parts before I went into the dealership lol. This dealership does not offer these parts normally, its at my request. So if anyone knows of a way cheaper place to get TRD stuff other than TRD USA, PLEASE let me know, I still have time to make changes.

I really appreciate the help.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:15 AM   #33
kelevra
2012 CBR1000RR Hoo Yaaa

Drives: 08 3 door Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post

Last edited by kelevra; 01-10-2011 at 10:07 PM.
kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:17 AM   #34
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Just a thought, do you change out the OZ 17" Super Turismo WRC rims from dealership?
If yes, make sure you get your stock RS wheel back and don't let them take it, at least you can sell it to cover a bit of your cost.

Pricewise, I think if you are willing to go for different muffler of any kind it will save around $200-300 there but not TRD muffler though. Same as non-TRD shock can save you around $600 something.

Another suggestion to save labour cost is to buy those shock and spring, bring them to some mechanic to install for you for $50 per hour labour, this move will also save you some money.

I know you like TRD stuff, those stuff usually cost a bit more than aftermarket. If that is what you like just stick with your plan.

The cost of tire seems a bit a on the high side, is there any other nice comparable tire with lower cost?

All those are what I can think of to save you some cost.

Last edited by Ryu; 01-26-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #35
alan1828

Drives: 2009 Vitz RS
Send a message via ICQ to alan1828 Send a message via MSN to alan1828 Send a message via Yahoo to alan1828
Yo wait.... I have a 2009 Yaris RS too... But I did want to get a preowned and bump it up like my friend's Yaris 2006 Red with a Blitz inside "Terume" I went to Maple dealership for my 16000 oil change and I saw someone pickup their pearl RS 2010. I went up to the Gal... hehehe and asked if I could take a look inside and...... There is no difference but when I asked if I could see her papers... its $3000 more than what I paid for???? WTF??? Everything stock is the same as mine except she got the all the deflectors and hood and windows had it tinted thats all... I got mine in March 1st 2009 and it costs much less oh BTW its automatic if anyone wants to know. Mine now was a touchscreen dash w/ GPS , this week my LED scanner light should be in and installed, I just lost my job so the appointment for lowering my car is suspended. See you all on Jan 31st East end Yaris Meet !
alan1828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #36
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
^^^ coherent much?

@YarisBC: you can quote/reply multiple messages by using the little "+ toggle button next to the quote button.