Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #19
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
just got off the Customer Experience Center. they took down what i had said, but told me, "since it is an aftermarket (Autohaus) product, they (Toyota's Customer Experience Center) cannot do anything about it, and that it is on the dealer from which i purchased my Yaris."
so i called the Service Manager just now since Autohaus, nor the owner of the dealership, has called me within the past several days. she will speak to the general manager once he gets in and see what is going on. she will try to have my Yaris returned to its original state (manual windows and locks) and reimburse my money. i wouldn't mind that since i can go to another shop and get a better power package installed for a price that will probably be lower than 1400.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #20
Kaotic Lazagna

damn POS power package! nothing works anymore. i can't roll up my windows, and i can't lock the doors using power! it may be a fuse, but i never blew a fuse in my other cars and i've owned those more than just 3-4 months! DON'T BUY ANY AUTOHAUS PRODUCTS! they're a POS!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:44 PM   #21
Go4th

Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
is this after they looked at it.
Go4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #22
ROCKLANDTOYOTA
JOE GIRTH

Drives: YARIS 3DOOR
listen, an actual toyota rep is at a dealership once a month. for the most part its for toyota related issues and not customers problems unless told at time of visit. STOP DEALING with a dealership that sounds shady and take it to another dealership if you have proof of a warranty that you can provide them on the additional power package you purchased. NO PROOF, call the toyota customer care number like someone else said and RAISE HOLY HELL until you get satisfaction.( TRUST ME IT WORKS)..............
Old 02-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #23
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
is this after they looked at it.
they've repaired it 5 times before this already! POS!
Old 02-19-2007, 12:01 AM   #24
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLANDTOYOTA View Post
listen, an actual toyota rep is at a dealership once a month. for the most part its for toyota related issues and not customers problems unless told at time of visit. STOP DEALING with a dealership that sounds shady and take it to another dealership if you have proof of a warranty that you can provide them on the additional power package you purchased. NO PROOF, call the toyota customer care number like someone else said and RAISE HOLY HELL until you get satisfaction.( TRUST ME IT WORKS)..............
yeah, i called the customer care number already. the person that i was talking to said that it's a dealership problem, and not Toyota's in general since it is not a Toyota part. i would like to contact a Toyota rep, but don't know how to. and since it's Autohaus, they only work in the Bay Area.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:36 AM   #25
Kaotic Lazagna

i just filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. hopefully they can do something about this.

http://www.dr.bbb.org/autoline/findll.asp

click on that and then click on the "Summary of the California Lemon Law Standards" and read the four pages. i think i got a case here!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 02:06 AM   #26
sam07yaris

Drives: 07 yaris sedan (silver) STICK
thats screwy. i'd use my energy to just roll the damn windows. I think its CONVENIENT we have HANDS. :) praise the Lord for our unique power package :)
Old 02-19-2007, 02:47 AM   #27
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam07yaris View Post
thats screwy. i'd use my energy to just roll the damn windows. I think its CONVENIENT we have HANDS. :) praise the Lord for our unique power package :)
yes, i am thankful for my hands, but the power package is safer for me. i don't want to have to lean across and open/close a window while driving, especially on the freeway.

also, i tend to forget if i locked the doors, so remote entry is a good thing for me.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:21 AM   #28
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
The BBB is an industry trade group. The have no enforcement powers.

Contact California Consumer Affairs - they have the authority of your attorney general's office.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:29 AM   #29
Kaotic Lazagna

crap, i really don't feel like typing another complaint...when i get back my car in three days and i don't like the outcome, then i'll complain to CCA.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #30
Go4th

The Toyota rep is there to see that this dealership is behaving properly and taking care of customers that buy their Toyota cars. The rep doesn’t give a damn about the dealership. They care about the consumer. The owner could have invested in owning a Ford dealership for all they care. But since the owner chose to represent Toyota and sell their cars the rep wants to make sure the consumer that buys their product is taken care of! The actual Toyota Company wants you to enjoy your vehicle and tell others to buy Toyota.
Find out when a regional rep will be at the dealership again. The rep will not like you having bad service with a purchase of one of their cars. The dealership owner is there to make money he has nothing to do with Toyota. Understand what I am trying to say?

It's kind of like a secret shopper but he is not secret. Kind of like the employees act on their best behavior when the owner shows up. The owner is on his best behavior when the Toyota rep shows up. If and when they are there at the same time and your there... ohhh boy... You get the new meaning of service. If that rep is involved it’s a new ballgame.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #31
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
The Toyota rep is there to see that this dealership is behaving properly and taking care of customers that buy their Toyota cars. The rep doesn’t give a damn about the dealership. They care about the consumer. The owner could have invested in owning a Ford dealership for all they care. But since the owner chose to represent Toyota and sell their cars the rep wants to make sure the consumer that buys their product is taken care of! The actual Toyota Company wants you to enjoy your vehicle and tell others to buy Toyota.
Find out when a regional rep will be at the dealership again. The rep will not like you having bad service with a purchase of one of their cars. The dealership owner is there to make money he has nothing to do with Toyota. Understand what I am trying to say?

It's kind of like a secret shopper but he is not secret. Kind of like the employees act on their best behavior when the owner shows up. The owner is on his best behavior when the Toyota rep shows up. If and when they are there at the same time and your there... ohhh boy... You get the new meaning of service. If that rep is involved it’s a new ballgame.

how do i go about in finding out when the rep will show? i don't know how to find this information. please help. thanks.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #32
Go4th

Start here.
Has there been anyone at the dealership that truly tries to help you with the problems? They (employees) know when the rep is coming. You can try to ask. Your sales person should be your best friend. I would ask him/her if you can’t think of anyone there worth talking-to. The 1800 number should be able to help you out too.

I remembering going in and being upset in the selling area demanding to speak to the owner (I did not make a scene but they knew I meant business) and the Manager over sales told me about the rep and when he was coming. From then on I stayed away from the service department and talked with the main person in the sales area for info about the rep.

You need to get all your stuff in order, (paperwork/documentation). You need a log of all your attempts and their attempts what they said and what they did. You need to be ready! I mentioned all this before to you. I hope you started back then.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #33
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Start here.
Has there been anyone at the dealership that truly tries to help you with the problems? They (employees) know when the rep is coming. You can try to ask. Your sales person should be your best friend. I would ask him/her if you can’t think of anyone there worth talking-to. The 1800 number should be able to help you out too.

I remembering going in and being upset in the selling area demanding to speak to the owner (I did not make a scene but they knew I meant business) and the Manager over sales told me about the rep and when he was coming. From then on I stayed away from the service department and talked with the main person in the sales area for info about the rep.

You need to get all your stuff in order, (paperwork/documentation). You need a log of all your attempts and their attempts what they said and what they did. You need to be ready! I mentioned all this before to you. I hope you started back then.
yeah, the sales and service managers seem like they really want to talk to me. they're the only ones that i would talk to about my car. but i think i'll ask the salesman about the rep. however, i didn't get to ask them to print out my RO's. i had a chance to last weekend, but we were celebrating my mom's birthday and didn't get back in time. but yeah, i think i'm heading back to Vallejo this weekend, so i'll ask then. i have most of the RO's with me, including the two times they came to the house to do the repair, but i want it more organized, so i'm going to have them print me out a new set of RO's. thanks again for your help. appreciate it.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #34
Kaotic Lazagna

SERIOUSLY! WHAT KIND OF COMPANY DOESN'T GIVE BACK THE REMOTE THAT WAS GIVEN TO THEM, BUT ONLY GIVES BACK THE KEY! DUMB ASSES! and my car better be fixed for good now!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #35
El Jefe

Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
dude what toyota are you taking it to?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:59 PM   #36
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
dude what toyota are you taking it to?
they didn't take it to Toyota this time. they took it to their (Autohaus) shop in Hayward.