Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Frank Necrosis

Drives: 2012 Yaris L MT
Driver side mirror

The driver side mirror has decided it prefers to offer a fuzzy image instead of a steady one. If I adjust the mirror, the reflection is nice and clear. After 50 miles or so, the mirror works loose and vibrates around to the point of not reflecting a useful image. Even sitting still, the vibrations from the motor cause the mirror to buzz. They are non powered mirrors, simple push the glass to adjust style.

Any easy fixes? I would like to try to fix this myself if possible. Taking the car to the dealer is too much of a pain, especially since they dont offer loaner cars.
Frank Necrosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Necrosis View Post
The driver side mirror has decided it prefers to offer a fuzzy image instead of a steady one. If I adjust the mirror, the reflection is nice and clear. After 50 miles or so, the mirror works loose and vibrates around to the point of not reflecting a useful image. Even sitting still, the vibrations from the motor cause the mirror to buzz. They are non powered mirrors, simple push the glass to adjust style.

Any easy fixes? I would like to try to fix this myself if possible. Taking the car to the dealer is too much of a pain, especially since they dont offer loaner cars.
You can remove the mirror glass assembly and try tightening the pivot. Just tilt the mirror up, get your fingers under the bottom, pull straight out until the bottom unclips, and then lift it off.