Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
blackace4

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Low Beams do not function

My 2007 Yaris Hatchback has a problem. My day running lights do not come on, and low beams also do not work either. My high beams come on when I move the control arm is in forward position as well as when I pull the lever towards me. When the lights are turned in the on position the little clear bulb comes on only but not the low/high beam combo bulbs. Also the blue high beam light does not illuminate anymore on the instrument panel. Turn signals, rear lights, etc are all fine . Do I simply replace the bulbs? My daughter noticed 2 days before this happened the right side bulb was not on when the other side was during daytime running position. When she turned to low beam position it worked.
blackace4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Most likely it is the bulbs. The lows always go first and typically they die very close together, where you don't notice the first is out until the second decides to join it.