Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-08-2009, 05:29 AM   #1
InterCooL

Drives: nissan
yaris safety pack

hey guys

i'm looking to buy a 2nd hand yaris in the near future and i'd like to know how to work out if a yaris has the optional safety pack. Any ideas?
I've only been in one and the person didnt even know if it had the safety pack! Sorry if its a silly question, i searched but couldn't find any info

Cheers
InterCooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
For basic first aid I'd just keep a small plastic bag filled with band-aids, hydro peroxide and swabs in the glove compartment as a starter. You can also take a look at the built-in first-aid kit Nissan Xterras or Versas have and model after that. Not sure how much of a safety risk you're talking about though

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
You could just customize your own one. Get things like a mini leatherman, mini emergency blanket, mini wind up flashlight, fox 40 rescue howler, some rubber gloves, some bandaids and few others. All stuff that could easily fit in a zip lock bag in your glove box.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
There are also storage pockets next to your spare where you can store emergency items.

But there are also pre-packaged first aid kits available. They are required in every car in most European countries, and we still have them in ours even though we now live back in the States...

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
InterCooL

Sorry guys you must excuse me from using terminology used in Australia. The factory option is called "Enhanced Safety Pack" and is only related to airbags, being side impact, seat, and drivers knee air bags (total of 7 with dual front srs airbags). Obviously this is a great feature but is only an optional extra (but dual front airbags [2] are standard). Checkout;
http://www.toyota.com.au/yaris/features/safety for more info.
I know manufacturers chop and change their features around the world, so maybe some people aren't even offered this, or maybe it is standard.

Either way, does anyone know how to idenfity if a Yaris does have side curtain, seat or a drivers knee airbag?

Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Airbags! Just added weight J/K well kinda there is a lot of added weight if your jumping from 2 airbags to 7 airbags. But it could save your life. I think if you are a safe driver. Being when the light turns green on a intersection you dont slam the pedal but wait a second to make sure no ones trying to run a red light. Or before you lane change try to predict the other driver in opossing lane before you switch chances are you probally will never get into a side inpact accident in your life. And even if you do the yaris has pretty decent side inpact raitings. But then it only takes one time to be seriousely injured for life.

If i had the option if they were free in my car i would take it but if i had to pay for it i could probally live without it.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
buy a 2009 model , all yaris come equiped with 7 airbags , in New Zealand
anyway. otherwise you are looking for the top model in Aussie , and it is auto only .
No dobt i will be corrected if i am wrong
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:18 AM   #8
InterCooL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1 View Post
buy a 2009 model , all yaris come equiped with 7 airbags , in New Zealand
anyway. otherwise you are looking for the top model in Aussie , and it is auto only .
No dobt i will be corrected if i am wrong
this link shows that it is a $750 option and only 10% of ppl have taken it up in this country. which sucks.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/news/a...701549651.html

do you perhaps have a photo of the curtain air bag pocket? Or is it invisible and just bursts through the trim?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
InterCooL

Anyone?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #10
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
anywhere there is an air bag will have an SRS sign on that part of the interior. Most will burst through the trim. Toyota has taken all care to make sure the part where the balloon has to blow through is all marked so it comes out following the lines.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote