Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Tach wiring help!

Alright, I've seen the DIY thread by sanityassassinv2, and I've read some of the other posts about installing an aftermarket tach, but it's still all in a different language to me. I can find bolts and pins and ties and work with them as easy as drinking water, but when it comes to wiring, I'm pretty much the worst. I've got a cheapo Sunpro Supertach 2, fyi. So:
1. does anyone have pictures of the fuse port where the red wire is supposed to be put into
2. which exactly is the ecu wire that the green wire is supposed to be spliced with
3. there was a brown wire that controls the illumination to the radio I believe, but which is it? There's multiple brown wires that I'm looking at.

I believe that this thread, if replied to in enough detail (with photos, obviously) would be beneficial to anyone looking to install an aftermarket tachometer who has absolutely no ability to work with wiring.

Thanks y'all!
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
here's pictures originally posted by kurokoma-kun

As far as I understand for the '08 models the tach wire is actually orange, so be mindful of that :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiring-tach-fusescopy.jpg (133.3 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg wiring-tach-OBDsplicecopy.jpg (139.3 KB, 6673 views)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
Wow. This was actually incredibly helpful. I had absolutely no idea the fusebox was on the bottom of that whole assembly. Whooh. Looks like I have to do a bit of rewiring.
Would you, by any chance, know which wires the illumination wire would be able to connect to?
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
oon_resist

Drives: Yaris TRD Sportivo
Cool .
oon_resist is offline   Reply With Quote