Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2006, 12:04 AM   #1
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Lightbulb A SICK gauge cluster - WOW

Off my friends car... he uploaded some photos and I saw them... and almost died at its fucking beauty!

Dont know what kind of car it is though, I gotta ask him before he leaves, but knowing Fuad, its a really fucking expensive car!! (definitely outta my price range I imagine)

Bloody awesome, I really am in love w/ this gauge cluster - so simple, nicely laid out, elegant... beautiful and stylish!

Jem
Old 09-30-2006, 12:27 AM   #2
jeff_o

Drives: 07 Yaris
Send a message via ICQ to jeff_o Send a message via MSN to jeff_o Send a message via Yahoo to jeff_o
sh!t this gauge cluster rocks... did you notice gauge clusters nowadays are becoming like that... look at mazda 3's... it's protruding circles for each gauge... i wish yaris had something like that.. .and they put the cluster in front of the steering wheel... and not at the middle. :) i wish.
jeff_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:29 AM   #3
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o
sh!t this gauge cluster rocks... did you notice gauge clusters nowadays are becoming like that... look at mazda 3's... it's protruding circles for each gauge... i wish yaris had something like that.. .and they put the cluster in front of the steering wheel... and not at the middle. :) i wish.
I've never seen a cluster like this one before, this 'cool' and good looking. Looks so refined and nice.

I actually really like and enjoy the Yaris's cluster being in the centre. Find it easier to see and read while keeping my eyes forward on tha road... i dont mind the increased 'shared-ness' factor of having that information in the middle, between the driver and front seat passenger.

Ill hafta re-look at the Mazda 3's gauge cluster to know what ur talking about :)

A style Im really not a big fan of, is the large circular wells that like Nissan uses on ALL their cars... same look as the fit actually... I just dont like that style at all for some reason.

Much prefer the SIMPLE, nice and clean (and FLAT) white (non-RS versions) set up of the Yaris's.

Jem
Old 09-30-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
YarisBueller
Administrator

.... its a trademark porsche cluster
YarisBueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:24 AM   #5
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
yeah iirc, that particular arrangement is the 911 Carrera. the Clusters on the 911 Turbo and 911 GT3 say their names on the tach respectively.

Last edited by 田中秀樹; 09-30-2006 at 08:35 AM.
田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #6
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Haha, no wonder its so pretty. It cost an arm! (The engine was the leg)

SEMA countdown stands at 32 days... hang tight.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #7
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Thats really nice....