Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #37
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog View Post
Here are pics of what I found behind the driver's C pillar...I'm going to assume the dangling white plug is what WOULD be connected to the remote receiver, which appears to not be there. Is this a pretty good assumption?
That looks correct. 5 pin connector with 4 pins used. Red, blue, white and white/black wires.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #38
Nodrog

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to Nodrog
Great. :(
Can one get ahold of a receiver without spending an arm and a leg?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #39
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog View Post
Great. :(
Can one get ahold of a receiver without spending an arm and a leg?
The part number is: 89741-52290 or 89741-52170 (89741-52170 replaced the other)

You don't want to know what the dealer price is, but may be able to find one for a reasonable price at a junk yard.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #40
Nodrog

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to Nodrog
Thanks CTScott for all the help.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #41
myfoothurts

Drives: Red
Hi, so having an immobolizer indicates that you do have the keyless system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
No blinky LED on the dash and silver ring around the ignition switch (as opposed to black plastic) definitely indicates no immobilizer.

Trying the procedure above would be a quick and easy way of verifying that it doesn't have factory remote entry.

Many Many Thanks
myfoothurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #42
mory_meh
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 07
trouble with step 8

Hi there,

I have a Yaris 07 HB and trying to program it using your steps. However, step 10 doesn't work on my car. The car doesn't respond back to me and I cannot get it working. What should I do now?

Thanks
mory_meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #43
Nigel8600

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Wow, for the price of the remote module I can put a compustar remote starter in my like new yaris instead? Thanks for the info on the module, it makes the decision easier.
Nigel8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #44
autoexpert2
I've made a post!

Drives: I love toyota
Keyless programming

http://programkeyfob.com/ provides free programming instructions for your cars and trucks. They do not have them all but they do keep adding them.
autoexpert2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #45
aa11

Drives: 2006 Yaris 3DR Hatch NCP91R
Just wanted to say thanks and that this worked for me.

For those in Australia / similar don't worry about the FCID either. If you purchase from an Ebayer from Taiwan / Japan or similar (ask them before you purchase) you should be fine.

I was told the FCID is a North American thing.

Edit:
Only tricky part is the type of transponder chip in the key. If it is an OEM / Toyota transponder you will need someone with a specific tool and access to your car. Aftermarket transponder chips can be copied without access to the car, but it all depends on the machine they use.

Wasn't as easy as I would have hoped after getting the key to properly open my car, the real challenge was getting the transponder copied!

Last edited by aa11; 01-07-2014 at 01:34 AM.
aa11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #46
unadilla66

Drives: '07 Yaris 3d, '12 Yaris 3d
Thread revival alert....

I got a transmitter key from ebay, the code in the listing matched that in the working key I have, though nothing in the package or in/on the new key has a code on it. Anyway, tried the above procedure and got the lock click 'confirmation'- tried the button pressing on the key and nothing. Tried again, but this time didn't get the lock clicking to indicate it was in program mode. I've tried the process a couple times now and can't get the confirmation. My original remote key is working, though. Is getting it into program mode a one-shot deal?
unadilla66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:46 AM   #47
Farcry

Drives: Echo 1.5l silver sedan
Bringing this one back from the near dead.
Unsure about stating a new page for the same topic.
I have a 2003 Echo, 1.5l 4door.
No remotes.
It has central locking and I've located the door control module, and I've wire counted it to the attached Haynes manual,
I've done the dance to get into remote programming mode (although I get two cycles for add, and 4 for rewright)
I've been to Toyota and they would sell me a key with buttons for $200NZD

Can someone please advise me on the FCC ID I would require when purchasing remotes from eBay?

Someone on here said FCC Id is an American only thing, I'm in New Zealand could someone confirm?

I've been to the wreckers and they let me try to program remotes they had found but no luck - could this be because they need to un assigned somehow before being programmed to me car?

Thanks for your help

Michael.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Farcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:06 PM   #48
RichardPan

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Just wants to say thank you to everyone who provided great information on this forum. 2007 Canadian Yaris, base. Already know no chip in key, as I got it cut at Canadian with no trouble. Wanted another remote. Ordered one on Ebay based on existing one's FCC ID. Came with a battery. Found that out after prying it open and damaging the plastic somewhat. Programmed it per forum instruction. Had to try a few times. Forgot that the ON position is one step after ACC. Now my fiance and I both have remotes. Cost 40 cad shipped to Canada. Note that you do not need to cut the key to program it. Mine is programmed now, but not cut yet.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
RichardPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:04 PM   #49
nuggetinu
I've made a post!

Drives: Vitz RS 2005
Is there a way to program the key fob of a Vitz RS Japan Model SCP90 with Start/Stop button? Car doesn't take ignition key, only Start/Stop button.
nuggetinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #50
omek07

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Hello everyone,

I am searching for a remote key because i have only 2 silver keys for my 2007 Yaris Sedan.

In the owners manual it says that the FCC ID is MOZB41TG and my ignition switch is all metal so i think that I have non-transponder keys. I checked if i have the receiver at the C-pillar and its there.

In my search in google i found that we have keys with dot, a letter or nothing stamp . Whats that ???

I dont know if the original key had any stamp.

Could please someone help me find the proper key ???
omek07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:10 PM   #51
omek07

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardPan View Post
Just wants to say thank you to everyone who provided great information on this forum. 2007 Canadian Yaris, base. Already know no chip in key, as I got it cut at Canadian with no trouble. Wanted another remote. Ordered one on Ebay based on existing one's FCC ID. Came with a battery. Found that out after prying it open and damaging the plastic somewhat. Programmed it per forum instruction. Had to try a few times. Forgot that the ON position is one step after ACC. Now my fiance and I both have remotes. Cost 40 cad shipped to Canada. Note that you do not need to cut the key to program it. Mine is programmed now, but not cut yet.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Hello Richard, could you please provide me with a link of the remote that you purchased ???
omek07 is offline   Reply With Quote