Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
evo165

Drives: peArL yAvItZ!!
Send a message via MSN to evo165
Auto Transmision Oil Level - Pls Help

Hi,

May i ask what is the best/proper way to check the auto tranny gear oil level?

I start the engine & check the auto oil level AND without starting BOTH give me different oil level.
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
evo165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
As far as I know, you want to do it while the car has been plenty warmed up and while the car is still running. After you make sure the car is warmed up alot and preferrably driven a bit, put the car in park. Let it idle for a few mins so the fluid can level off, then put your foot on the brake and put the shifter through all the gears and then put it back into park. Then go pull out the trans dipstick, wipe it off and stick it back in, pull it back out and it should give you a proper reading.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
Detroiter sums it up nicely!!!
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote