Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-25-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
djgab101

Drives: toyota yaris
Remote Starter.....

I was looking at remote starters..... just wondering if it is possible to get a remote starter for the yaris because to start the car the clutch needs to be down to start???
Old 06-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
that is really easy to disable, just a jumper wire, any shop that installs remote starters will take care of that detail for you. You DO have to leave the car in neutral though.

I actually disable it on every car I buy.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
BrazdonW
What kind of car is that?

Drives: Yaris 3d liftback
Send a message via AIM to BrazdonW
good questoin
and a good answer
i am looking into this too
Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #4
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
I have a compustar remote start 5000as , but haven't have time to install them. it will work on manual or auto transmision with no problem.

they usually say it on the alarm specs, whether manual , diesel or auto only capable.
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:51 AM   #5
djgab101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazdonW View Post
good questoin
and a good answer
i am looking into this too
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
that is really easy to disable, just a jumper wire, any shop that installs remote starters will take care of that detail for you. You DO have to leave the car in neutral though.

I actually disable it on every car I buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vten View Post
I have a compustar remote start 5000as , but haven't have time to install them. it will work on manual or auto transmision with no problem.

they usually say it on the alarm specs, whether manual , diesel or auto only capable.

thanks for the advice.....
i really want an alarm cause my friends cars have all been broken into and
there sounds systems have been stolen!! i dont want that to happen to mine...
Old 06-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #6
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
i have a remote start. i recommend a neutral safety switch. you can DIY it for under $10.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:10 AM   #7
djgab101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
i have a remote start. i recommend a neutral safety switch. you can DIY it for under $10.
wat remote starter do u have??
i was thinking of getting an AsianWolf remote starter.....
Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I put an UltraStart remote starter on mine (mine's an AT though). It has the best range of any that I've installed. It can easily start my car from inside a store or restaurant.

They make a version for MTs that requires you to do a series of steps before shutting off the car.

http://www.ultrastarters.com/products/1256M.html

On MT's I think that the neutral safety switch method is better - you don't have to remember to do a bunch of steps to arm remote start mode, and even with the step mode, you could still skip putting it in neutral.

For the neutral safety switch you can use any remote starter and tie the neutral safety switch to the hood pin input (which disables the remote start mode if the hood is open). The hood switches ground when the hood is open as do the DIY neutral safety switches that I've seen (spring method and magnet/reed switch method).
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
i used a magnet fastened to the shift linkage that was pointed at a reed switch fastened to the shift cage itself. put the magnet on the fore-aft shift rod and mount the reed switch directly above it on the plastic cage. worked great
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote