Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
another small update on turbo kit.

so i sold the Garrett GT2056 from the VW Jetta and found a used Garrett T25 from a MazdaSpeed Protege with really low miles and in great shape on Craigslist(las vegas). the turbo is a T25 internally wastegated at 6psi which will be ok for my build a the moment.

i also orderedt eh emanage support tool to hook it up to the laptop when i go to the dyno. and i ordered the raduis plate to use on the manifold. i will have to modify for the t25 inlet but it will work better than the GT2056.

so if all works ok i should have the flanges next week and i can continue with the project. hopefully finish by the end of the month.

heres the pics:

this is the radius plate for the manifold. got it from: http://www.jgstools.com

joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
Trish

Drives: Yaris Sedan 07
Send a message via MSN to Trish
what's the diference between a jetta's tubo or mazdaspped vs. the other custom turbo kits? What I mean is there is few persons before you that told me to put a jetta's turbo on my Yaris but my boyfriend replyed me that this is not the best thing to do and that I should wait for a custom turbo kit. Why?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
YarisTom73
46 and 2, just ahead...

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
what's the diference between a jetta's tubo or mazdaspped vs. the other custom turbo kits? What I mean is there is few persons before you that told me to put a jetta's turbo on my Yaris but my boyfriend replyed me that this is not the best thing to do and that I should wait for a custom turbo kit. Why?
I'm no expert, but it seems a turbo is a turbo..as long as the sizing and the specifications are the same, it doesn't matter if it came off VW, or Saab, or whatever.. the "kit" we're all waiting for just has a turbo unit, regardless of manufacturer. Unless the Jetta ones have some specific thing making them more adaptable to Yarii??
YarisTom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
Trish

Drives: Yaris Sedan 07
Send a message via MSN to Trish
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisTom73 View Post
I'm no expert, but it seems a turbo is a turbo..as long as the sizing and the specifications are the same, it doesn't matter if it came off VW, or Saab, or whatever.. the "kit" we're all waiting for just has a turbo unit, regardless of manufacturer. Unless the Jetta ones have some specific thing making them more adaptable to Yarii??
Thats what I tough...and it's less expensive than buying a custom one, true or not?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
joey1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
the reason why i went with the Mazda turbo is because the design of it is more diy friendly, thats all. the inlet flange(which is for the next pic) is easier to fabricate and it will flow better than the Jetta's inlet flange.

so yes you CAN use any turbo you would like as long as it meets the needs you desire and is easy to use. i was gonna use the jetta turbo since i got it for free, but after trying to figure out a good way to connect it to the manifold i decided to go with the mazda unit
Old 08-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Joey..... you need to come to the Toledo/Midwest meet.... we are dieing to meet ya.....
Old 08-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
joey1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
Joey..... you need to come to the Toledo/Midwest meet.... we are dieing to meet ya.....

whens the meet? i'll def be there!!