Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
wsladaritz
Y4R1Z

Drives: Yaris LB
Unhappy Help me install a converter to HU

I bought a converter thing at Best Buy that I'm supposed to connect to the existing speaker wires coming out of the head unit and it will convert the signal into rca so that I can plug my Infinity Basslink in. The speaker wires are not labeled. Before I go tearing my car apart to get to the speakers and figure out which color goes where and which is - and +, I was wondering if anywhere there is a list telling which color wire goes to which speaker and what colors are the - and +.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I get my Basslink today and I'm not going to be able to install it
wsladaritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
I was looking for the exact same thing, they told me to search... couldn't really find it so meh i was going to check the service manual later unless i buy the output jacks from someone...
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
wsladaritz
Y4R1Z

well if you find anything let me know please :)
Old 09-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
duck

Drives: 2007 Silver Sedan
the best way is to spend a couple of hundred or more on a new headunit that already has RCA outs.

if the subwoofer and amp are going in the trunk, the easiest way is to tap off of a rear speaker. I haven't seen on the yaris, but it could be obvious which is +/- or you can guess.

another option is finding a toyota wiring harness in a store and reading the instructions, since that lists what each wire goes to and you can then determine which to use for your purposes.

most likely, it's in one of the guides on here or somewhere. I'm having trouble identifying wires for my headunit install as well, so unfortunately that's all the help I can provide.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:57 AM   #5
wsladaritz
Y4R1Z

FOUND IT!!! And ended up not needing the converter... the infinity basslink comes with 4 speaker wire inputs that you can just splice with the existing speaker wire. And it sounds amazing!

http://modifiedlife.com/stereo-radio...-toyota-yaris/
Old 09-07-2007, 08:31 AM   #6
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Congrats on finding what you were looking for....I ran my 10200 bazooka on the factory HU for about 6 months before putting in my Pioneer Premier....believe me when I tell you that I really missed what it sounds like with a clean composite link rather than splicing off the speaker wires. It really is a phenomenal difference and my tube has a lot more punch when on the composite...I would wager to guess that it would be the same with any powered sub....just a thought.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #7
wsladaritz
Y4R1Z

I might replace the HU with something new... sometime... very distant in the future :(
Old 09-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #8
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
you could always get the line inverter anyways that a member from the scion board sells... its like $40 and taps into the stock head unit and gives you a remote and rca jacks.. kind of cool if you ask me...
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #9
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsladaritz View Post
FOUND IT!!! And ended up not needing the converter... the infinity basslink comes with 4 speaker wire inputs that you can just splice with the existing speaker wire. And it sounds amazing!

http://modifiedlife.com/stereo-radio...-toyota-yaris/
just a note, the colours are different in the sedan....