Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-15-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
91drggndime
baggn n draggn

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to 91drggndime
nice humming noice when braking

I've noticed this since the car had about 5k on it.. its got 20k on it now. It never affected anything but the fiance is bitching about it more and more. It will happen when you barely hit the brakes, or your foot is holding the brake, etc.. it happens while the brake pedal is being pressed, it will make a humming noise like its sucking vaccum. but it doesnt affect how the car stops.

2007 Pacific Blue Yaris Sedan - wifes kid carrier and daily
1999.5 Brilliant Black Audi A4 - boosted 16 psi, supporting mods, s4 interior, you know, shit you cant get in the yaris.
91drggndime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 AM   #2
cdmyaris

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
not really sure. Im deaf haha. Hope someone here help you out. Bump
Old 09-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
xpeteyjtx

Drives: 07 BB Yaris
how loud is the noise? I'm pretty sure I can hear a humming noise but it is really faint. The radio must be off and there can't be much ambient noise. If you are worried about it, take it to the dealer before your warranty is up.
xpeteyjtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
91drggndime
baggn n draggn

yeah the radio has to be off.

cant take it in for warranty.. when we had a mysterious oil leak, they said warranty doesnt cover labor for looking or anything, only parts. i work the same times service is open here, so its hard to really get in there and fight with them.

1999.5 Brilliant Black Audi A4 - boosted 16 psi, supporting mods, s4 interior, you know, shit you cant get in the yaris.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #5
xpeteyjtx

Drives: 07 BB Yaris
they are full of shit. Don't pay for anything under warranty, unless it is maintenance. Dealers are full of shit and they try to take advantage of people. So far, the service department at the dealer has been great for me. Do you have another dealer you could go to?

So let me get this straight... you had an oil leak and the dealer charged you for a diagnosis? while you were under warranty? Next time I'm in Pennsylvania, I will go beat the shit out of the service manager at that dealer. Let us know the dealer's name.
xpeteyjtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
91drggndime
baggn n draggn

I ended up not taking it in b/c of them telling my Fiance that we would be charged for them to check out the problem and that only parts are covered under warranty. The dealer is Lancaster Toyota in Lancaster, PA.

I ended up changing the oil and filter and havent had a problem since. We are calling monday and cancelling the extended warranty and getting that 800 back.