Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Arrow Alignment specs for a 2008 Yaris sedan

What are they from the factory to use for comparison? Thanks

Last edited by Hershey; 04-04-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Look at pages 3 and 4 of the Suspension section of the service manual:
http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...32-YARIS-FILES
Old 04-02-2014, 11:10 PM   #3
Hershey

Thanks . Wow , lost me with all those numbers . Called Toyota and the alignment is included with the shock install . It's 1/2 an hour of the 2:50 hr. job for 2 struts . So , it looks like they may have done it . Therefore they have to get the alignment right under the warranty . Alignment covered for a year . She drove it to work and noticed the difference . Doesn't coast as well , it's more difficult to get the Eco-Meter to gain in overall gas mileage as before the repair and does go to the left when steering wheel is level on level road surface .
Old 04-03-2014, 12:18 AM   #4
Hershey

So these must be specs of the new alignment after the install of the 2 front struts . How do these look compared to the factory specifications of pages 3 and 4 (http://www.microimageonline.com/down...Suspension.pdf ) ? May need to Zoom in for better look . Not very good at this .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2966.JPG (213.4 KB, 113 views)
Old 04-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #5
Hershey

What can make it pull to the left when steering wheel is level ? Was told by several service centers to swap the front wheels ( L>R , R>L ) . Something due to tires wearing in with old suspension . Could this possibly help some and what's the purpose ? Really grateful for all the help .
Old 04-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
dragoonmc

Drives: 07 hatchback
The biggest thing would be that the steering wheel was not level when they aligned the car.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #7
Hershey

It's possible .
Old 04-04-2014, 08:38 PM   #8
Hershey

Got the alignment checked and corrected . It was off so it would cause the car to go to the left when steering wheel was level . Could tell immediately that it felt back to normal just as it was before the new struts and other parts were installed . No more veering to the left when level and less resistance . Can get the Eco-Meter to gain gas mileage easier too . Called TOYOTA and said they may pay for the alignment . Have to fax them the papers . Time will tell . Last , how do think the results compare to above from the Toyota service center work ? May need to Zoom in to see the numbers better .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2972.JPG (275.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2976.JPG (214.1 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by Hershey; 04-04-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:39 PM   #9
yarisinoz

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan YRS 2006
Resurrecting an old thread. Just to tell you that I just took the car for "alignment" and here is the results:

Can somebody tell me why the right rear toe is in red? The actual read should be inside the specified range isn't it?

I'm in a learning curve with these kind of things.
yarisinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:51 PM   #10
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisinoz View Post
Can somebody tell me why the right rear toe is in red? The actual read should be inside the specified range isn't it?
The RR toe is in red because it is (barely) out of spec. Because the LR toe is pretty close to perfect, it most likely means that the RR has been bent. You would have to replace the torsion beam to correct it. That being said, your "total toe" is within spec, so it's probably not worth the $ to repair it. You shouldn't see any tire wear from it, but keep an eye on the inside edge of the tires for a bit.

Cheers.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 01:22 AM   #11
yarisinoz

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan YRS 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryM View Post
The RR toe is in red because it is (barely) out of spec. Because the LR toe is pretty close to perfect, it most likely means that the RR has been bent. You would have to replace the torsion beam to correct it. That being said, your "total toe" is within spec, so it's probably not worth the $ to repair it. You shouldn't see any tire wear from it, but keep an eye on the inside edge of the tires for a bit.

Cheers.
Thank you very much CoryM, it is strange as the car is a 2006 but I bought it with 23.900 kms in the odometer. I was not happy with the attention, that guy did not explain anything to me and it was the owner of the store. I got a better attention from one of his employees last week when I went there to fit new tyres.

Cheers
yarisinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:10 PM   #12
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
After installing the TRD suspension components I had a performance alignment done and the sedan's LR was off spec however not worth concern according to the shop owner/technician. Shims can be added behind the brakes to correct toe &/or camber issues. New rear beam not required unless damaged.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:41 PM   #13
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSKOKA800 View Post
Shims can be added behind the brakes to correct toe &/or camber issues. New rear beam not required unless damaged.
As far as I know, there are no proper shims available for the Yaris. The "EZ shims" are plastic, which is not an acceptable material. Plastic "cold-creeps" which means it very slowly squirts out of the gap it is filling causing your bolts to lose their torque, and potentially fall out. Common place to see this is plastic drainplug washers. If the EZ Shims were metal, they would be a great option. Using metal washers, or shims that do not fill the entire gap reduces the amount of surface area for and can cause cracks, loss of clamping force etc.

All that is left is custom shims, or replacing the axle beam.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote