Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #19
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I've toyed with the idea of just removing the 'Yaris' badge on the right rear and keeping the round Toyo badges.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:33 PM   #20
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
I think it depends on the rest of the package. That also has to be done well. I just like the really clean look. High end manufacturers, like BMW, have offered no-badge options since way back.
Yes, I definitely agree
Old 03-16-2016, 09:53 PM   #21
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I've toyed with the idea of just removing the 'Yaris' badge on the right rear and keeping the round Toyo badges.
Totally agree. Nothing wrong with the Toyota logo in the middle.
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #22
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
I agree, there's a few cars in my area that have done it and I find it looks "cheap" just the impression it tends to leave on me, not really sure why
All depends on how it is done. If the indentation is filled in it can look perfectly fine. I have received a ton of good responses on the way mine is done.

Sent from m-o-b-i-l-e

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:58 PM   #23
tmontague

I agree, as Tarkus said, it depends on what you do w/ the rest of the car
Old 04-19-2016, 08:35 PM   #24
tmontague

The polliticaly correct Yaris is now here

Thanks to Kimona for the ebay plug for the uber cheap badge.

I put some white pinstriping on the front grill to replace the plastidip since the dip tends to attract dirt much more than the dip. I also ran a thin (1/8") strip along the bottom and side of the lower vent, you can only really see that one from a position of standing in front of the hood, not from out in front of the car.

I'm going to book an appointment with Tire23 next weekend after finals to get my Mugen's put on

Let me know what color lug nuts you all think would look classy, I gotta see what they have available but I'm thinking something dark...probably just a black (the rims are a dark bronze/slight silver and shiny

I'll post pics when they're installed...off to get sprayed at Krown tomorrow
Old 04-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #25
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
I have gunmetal Konig rims, and black lug nuts look great on them. I suspect that black will also look good with your new rims.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:33 PM   #26
ern-diz

Nice!
Old 04-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #27
tmontague

New Rims Mounted

I had planned to go to Tire23 and have them also do an alignment but turns out they weren't booking until 2 weeks away. I start work for the summer on Monday (just finished finals) so that was out of the question.

I searched tire places near by and found Streetsville Tire, located right in the middle of Streetsville (for you local guys). Small shop with 2 guys working who care about what they do and actually are nice to deal with on the phone, they don't rush you and answr all your Q's (rare to find now a days in many shops). Took a while to get them installed this morning but I ended up talking to the mechanic for over an hour regarding cars and current mods etc. Job was done very well, no scratches on my wheels nor any dirt in my car. They washed the wheels too and were great to deal with. $90 before taxes to swap the rubber, balance and mount. I watched the mechanic for the last half of the work he was doing and he had no issues, just chatted the whole time.

I ended up bringing the wrong size hub centric rings with me so I'll end up removing the wheels later today and installing the proper size rings (I already had them form my winter tires) and make sure the wheels are torque'd to spec (76ft/lbs). They didn't torque the wheels with a torque wrench and it didn't look like he used torque sticks so that's my only issue. I always end up re torquing wheels at home anyways myself to ensure anyways.

I wanted black lugnuts but didn't feel like paying a crazy amount for "tuner" nuts. I found ones at Canadian Tire for $5 a pack of 4 and they are splined so you need a special tool to remove them. They're black and are acorn 60 degree tapered so they mated perfect with my Mugen rims. I already had the spline key as my winter rims have the same nuts but they're chrome. So $20 for black lug nuts ended up being a steal. Keep in mind it'll take 2 employees and about 35minutes for them to actualy find the nuts for you as they're not specific to any car. Some how 2 differenct CT location both had issues finding them, but eventually I got what I went for.

The color of the rims is perfect, as is the style, it compliments the paint well. The fitment in the rear (with 10mm hub spacers) is perfect. This car is a DD so I don't want to deal with rubbing nor do I want to roll my fenders as I want the paint to keep its integrity around the wheel wells. The rears are still flush enough to look good.

The front wheels could use a 8-10mm spacer as the fitment there is not as flush as I'd like. I'm not sure if I'll bother adding spacers to the front or not. I figured 8-10mm won't need longer hub bolts? (people with over hub spacers please let me know)

The tire is mildly stretched (still within spec) once these wear out I'll eventually go with 205 probably and that'll bring it slightly closer to the fender as well. I'm happy with the look, now I just need to test out the wider platform with some cornering
Old 04-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #28
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Looks great. To think you needed us to convince you to pony up and get those wheels....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2016, 02:14 PM   #29
ern-diz

Agree; looks really good.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:11 PM   #30
tmontague

Thanks for the comments. I'm really happy with it so far. All it needs now is the window tint and a new clutch with lightweight flywheel!

I spent the better half of today cleaning the car and the wheels, looks much better now and the paint is smooth again after the clay bar and polish. I also decided to run some ducting to my ram air intake since it sits behind the headlight and essentially has no direct flow of air. I got this idea from another member who did something similar (can't remember who it was nor can I find the thread)

I went out and drove it today, I could swear it has more go when the car is moving about 30km/h or faster and you give it throttle. I'm skeptical that the ducting makes that much of a difference but I notice something and it only is there when I'm rolling a long and decide to give it more throttle.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:03 PM   #31
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
^^^ Looks very nice all cleaned up. The centre caps on your wheels look good. On a rainy day, do you worry about sucking in a bit of water with that ram air intake?
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:07 PM   #32
tmontague

That's the reason I cut the TRD CAI to make it a short ram air. I positioned the ducting with a sharp 90 degree bend in the bottom portion. The 1nz doesn't produce enough vacuum in a wide 3" duct to suck air into the engine bay. At worst it'll just pool in the bottom of the ducting a drain out when I stop as I left a downward angle so it'll drain out.

Even if a little water gets into the engine it shouldn't be a problem, you'd need a huge amount to hydro lock. I was goin to buy the CAI tube from the classifieds but the ducting was cheaper

I like the center caps, the subtle red matches the little red in my TRD badges.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #33
tmontague

digging this thread up from the grave. Some updated pics of my car as well as my list of future mods now that I have the 2zr.

I've removed the black plasti dip from the chrome bar on the trunk. The black was looking old and worn, I really dislike chrome but I do like it better than the black now.

I've also removed the white dip from the front and rear emblem, I'll eventually be doing the same to my TRD badges as wellas my VVT-i and VIOS badge.

Future mods:
DC CAI- currently in the mail
Poly filled mounts - also currently in the mail
Lightweight flywheel - hopefully in a couple months
RPM long tube header - hopefully by the end of this summer
KAAZ LSD - next summer
Summer Sport tires - next summer
Bilstein B8's in the front - End of this summer/fall
Old 04-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #34
ern-diz

On Wheelwell
Old 04-04-2017, 12:21 AM   #35
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
doesn't that engine have duel vvt-i? is there a badge for duel vvt-i?
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:16 AM   #36
tmontague

Yes it does, unfortunately no badge for that, I searched. I guess one could always put 2 vvt-i badges on top of one another lol, just not the look for me