Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
Go to dealership for fixing several things

I am going to Toyota dealership this afternoon to fix Sedan's several things before my long trip.

1. The bottom grill gets broken (probably because I use high-pressure water gun when I wash the car). Hopefully they will replace it..

2. The A/C is not cold.

3. The car gets rattle when I put it in Reverse in cold weather.

4. The central display gets rattle in cold weather.

5. The rear license plate frame gets rattle when I close the trunk.

Do you guys think all of them are under warranty?

Do you guys suggest me to have tire rotation at the same time? ( I'll pay for this service)
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
'1. The bottom grill gets broken (probably because I use high-pressure water gun...'

The grills on the Yaris (while admittedly thin and plastic and very crappily attached by Toyota) should not break due to a water pressure hose! What PSI is your hose? 5000? Shades of Geo Metro!

'5. The rear license plate frame gets rattle when I close the trunk.'

Youre talking about a license plate holder frame correct not a piece of trim?
Is this a dealer installed accessory? I suggest a twist or two with a screwdriver or a metric wrench.

You should fight bigger battles with your dealer than stuff like this. Youll end up on their 'black list' and believe me....they do have these.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #3
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
Thanks! I just came back from the dealer and made appointment to fix these problems. I will go back to the dealer on Friday. Okay, I do understand what you said. In that case, I decided just to do 1,2,3,4.

When I was describing these problems to an engineer, another engineer beside him seemed to laugh at me because I complained so many problems.
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:11 AM   #4
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
I hope you did not get chopped! Just my opinions only...

1. The bottom grill gets broken (probably because I use high-pressure water gun when I wash the car). Hopefully they will replace it..
You need to pray hard on this one cuz it is more like a personal useage problem.

2. The A/C is not cold.
There is a great chance to get warranty service if there is a leak in your A/C system; if the dealer can't find any leakage then they proly reply you that you have used it too much and will charge you for A/C service (freon refill).

3. The car gets rattle when I put it in Reverse in cold weather.
This sound like a diagnostic service. They proly ask you for inspection fee and the car needs to stay overnight so they can test it in the morning.

4. The central display gets rattle in cold weather.
Good chance of free service on this one, but it also sound like normal wear-and-tear. If the dealer finds a custom job on stereo, alarm, or any private work done to the area, they will not fix it for free.

5. The rear license plate frame gets rattle when I close the trunk.
I will try to DIY this. At least try to grap a friend who can fix anything with duct tapes. Sometimes the solution is simple enough that you can do a better job then what dealer can offer you.

Do you guys think all of them are under warranty? Not all but you can try. It really depends on how you approach the service writer at dealer.

Do you guys suggest me to have tire rotation at the same time? Rotation is recommend every 5K miles or so. Dealer will charge you some for this for sure unless with a oil change coupon or some promotion package. Try some tire stores for free tire rotation. I suggest you learn how to do this so you will be ready when you need to swap a flat with the spare by yourself; always use a torque wrench ($80 tools: Craftsman@Sears, 1/2 inch drive torque wrench, and 19mm 1/2 inch drive deep socket) and torque setting is 76 lbs on all lugnuts.

To me, dealers are only good for buying new cars, period! If you cannot perform basic maintenance by yourself, I really suggest you start taking your car to a reputible shop and building your relationship there. I suggest ask friends around you first, or try those old shops around your street corners but not the fancy looking shops.

Those tools can be much cheaper on fleabay..

Last edited by JosephDoc; 06-06-2007 at 02:27 AM.
JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:23 AM   #5
Rizzo

Drives: 2007 5-Door Hatchback
Hmm. Lately when I've put my car into reverse it gets pretty shaky, but only when it hasn't warmed up. I'm not sure if I'd call it a rattle. I've had other vehicles do this so I thought it was normal. No?
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
Havana

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3 door M/T
Cold weather rattles may not be that unusual. There's a rattle somewhere around my rear hatch but only when it's below 40 F. After a just a couple of minutes of driving, it stops and it never happens when it's warmer than 40 F. I just assumed that some part is contracting a bit from the cold causing the brief rattle. Having driven Jeeps and VW bugs for many years, I really don't see this as any cause for concern.
Havana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
Yawesh

Drives: 08 sedan at
the yaris has so many noises, tweaks, and sounds - i can't even keep up with it no more.............it's an econo car, so it's expected.

toyota never made an econo car until the echo
Yawesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
Havana

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3 door M/T
Wow, you're not kidding. I just checked the date. This one's ancient. For some reason, it came up on the top of my board today as the lastest entry. I guess I need to pay more attention to the actual date.
Havana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #9
frog13
Tw200--excellent!

Drives: 2010 yaris..absolutely red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawesh View Post
the yaris has so many noises, tweaks, and sounds - i can't even keep up with it no more.............it's an econo car, so it's expected.

toyota never made an econo car until the echo

Huh!...how about the Tercel and the initial corolla....econo is what made Toyota!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote