Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
Want to Drive my Yaris But.......

Well Tropical Storm Beryl surely made a mess of things around my house, but biggest problem was all the rain! Our road, if you can call it that, is usually just a crappy old dirt road. Well the storm left it a crappy, muddy, puddles deeper that the Yaris mess. In fact I am not even chancing trying to get the Yaris out till it dries up a little. Here is what it looked like yesterday........

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
wuss :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMX2HsMFTZI

that was a couple of years ago but more or less the same now... hidden under the water are plenty of random potholes, even worse now as this road's been used by a bunch dump trucks... Hence I am in no rush to get my car back :D

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
richard_rsp

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 3Dr
Yeah I feel you... I live pretty much EXACTLY where Beryl did it's 'turn around' so we had quite a few days of rain/wind. Luckily no hail or branches, but I did have to remove a substantial amount of leaves glued to the car, but I can handle that!

Hey, at least I dont live on a dirt road anymore though! ^
richard_rsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
wuss :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMX2HsMFTZI

that was a couple of years ago but more or less the same now... hidden under the water are plenty of random potholes, even worse now as this road's been used by a bunch dump trucks... Hence I am in no rush to get my car back :D
Yea the Developer building houses in the area next to our neighborhood has been using our road as a construction entrance. Well long story short, he kept our road well maintained at first, now he doesn't appear to give two s#@ts about us and just destroys it!! as
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
We got lucky.. it went south of us and then circled around to the west and then north.. LOL.. Savannah is like the nook of all hurricanes, always barely misses us. We just got alot of wind and maybe one or 2 flash floods. which wasn't that bad