Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
Jlively
Mr J.

Drives: 2009 yaris 5 dr HB
Send a message via AIM to Jlively
Thumbs up Yaris Deff surprised me in fender bender

Was in rush hour traffic this morning, ofc it was raining and people around here for whatever reason lose their minds when it rains. Took my eyes of the guy in front of me for two seconds to look and see if I had room to get over a lane look back and hes slamming on his brakes. Needless to say I slide in the rain and hit him around 25-30 mph. Surprisingly to me I drove away with barely a scratch on the front of my bumper and my plastic license plate bracket cracked.
Aside from that no dmg at all to my car and no dmg to his car save for a couple minor scratches. *He was driving a corolla lol* I thought for sure I would loose a headlight assembly or something, but nope. Ill have it on a rack here soon to make sure no tie rods or anything got touched but my alignment and everything is fine. All in all Im a little happier with my car now ha ha.
Jlively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Drives: 07 silver sedan
Awesome, so quite contrarily no fender was bent. Glad you were both okay. Rain always holds surprise s for me, too
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:50 AM   #3
Jlively
Mr J.

yea no fender was bent lol. I have a couple scratches to buff out and replace my plate bracket... funny thing tho, my passenger side airbag has been off for the past 2 weeks now.. just wasnt on one day lol. Now its back on after the "accident" lol.

Sooo how do I turn it back off?

**edit scratch that just drove to the store and I have no Pass side air bag light at all... nothing is lite up.

Last edited by Jlively; 10-02-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:02 AM   #4
Jlively
Mr J.

aaaand now the light is back to Off for the pass airbag lol. w/e screw as long as it doesnt deploy while Im driving lol.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
These cars are built rather solidly when it comes to that type of thing. They are meant to deflect to such an extent that damage won't occur. It is nice to know a minor accident won't mean replacing the entire front bumper.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:21 AM   #6
Jlively
Mr J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
These cars are built rather solidly when it comes to that type of thing. They are meant to deflect to such an extent that damage won't occur. It is nice to know a minor accident won't mean replacing the entire front bumper.
It was deff nice seeing I didnt need a new bumper cover ha ha but if I had needed to replace it then it would give me a reason to get a nice aftermarket one. As it is its not a necessity lol, so itll have to wait.