Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
chung_77

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris S
"RS" BADGE

I have a 2009 Yaris S and my friend in Japan bought me an "RS" emblem for my front grill. I tried to fit it, but it won't go on the grill. Does anyone out there know if I have to tweak the brackets to make it fit or there is no way to put it on the U.S. version? Please let me know. I already have the Vitz emblem on. Thanks for the help in advance.
chung_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ you have to snip the tabs and use double-sided tape to apply it to a USDM grill.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
chung_77

So should I flatten the emblem? Sand it down and put super sticky adhesive tape on the back? Is that the only way? Thanks a lot for the help.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ Yes, that is what I was describing. And it's the only way that I know of. And don't worry, with good tape, that will NOT come off.

The tabs just don't match our grill pattern.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #5
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
I didn't use 2 sided tape. I used a self-threading screw and large washer for that round tab with hole. Then, I shaved off all the other tabs except one... which I discovered actually fit into the grille opening nicely. The emblem is perfectly positioned and very secure.
Attached Images

kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
chung_77

Thanks for all your help. By the way, the back of my RS emblem does not look like that. It has three prongs on the right, left and middle and then so a thick prong at the bottom. It looks weird, but it looks like it will fit if I take off some of the extra prongs. Thanks again.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
chung_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
I didn't use 2 sided tape. I used a self-threading screw and large washer for that round tab with hole. Then, I shaved off all the other tabs except one... which I discovered actually fit into the grille opening nicely. The emblem is perfectly positioned and very secure.
My emblem does not have the hole for a screw in the back. I have an 09 RS badge which is a little different than the 07 badge. The front grills were different those years.