Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
427chev

Drives: 2009 Yaris with TRD parts
Arrow FOR SALE: 2009 Factory Yaris CD/MP3/"Satellite Ready" Radio - $60 including shipping

This is the FACTORY INSTALLED unit from my 2009 Yaris. I used this unit for less than one month.

It works perfectly and was carefully removed by the professional installer who installed my Pioneer. I am selling this because I had the Pioneer and aftermarket speakers installed.

It is "satellite radio ready," which means that you can buy the XM or Sirius kit from Toyota and control it through this unit.

I am asking $60 for it; that price includes free shipping to any of the 48 continental United States.

This is a real deal; full retail on the accessory radio at the dealership is $445 and that unit isn't as nice as this factory installed model.

Please send me a Private Message if you're interested in buying this.

2009 Base model Bayou Blue 3 door hatch, 5 speed manual trans, Option Group D, factory floor mats, accessory mud guards, TRD shocks/springs/rear bar, TRD leather wrapped shift knob, Pioneer FH-P8000BT "double DIN" head unit & 4 Infiniti Kappa speakers, stainless steel license plate screws, Toyota stainless exhaust tip, enhanced driver's seat (professional upholsterer added spring mesh to lower seat cushion which DRAMATICALLY improved support/comfort and also built up lumbar region in seat back for more aggressive lumbar support. Seat Mod Cost: $125; the seat "feels" $350 better.)

Last edited by 427chev; 05-07-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Added specifics about free shipping.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
carrera2

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris
Would you know if this is a 2-DIN sized unit?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
427chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera2 View Post
Would you know if this is a 2-DIN sized unit?
Yes, it is.

The Pioneer that replaced it was one of their new "Double DIN" models and it fit perfectly. In fact, you'll see reference to the "double DIN" in my signature (below).

The unit measures 4" high and 8" wide at the faceplate. The chassis measures 4" high and 7" wide. Total depth is just under 6".
2009 Base model Bayou Blue 3 door hatch, 5 speed manual trans, Option Group D, factory floor mats, accessory mud guards, TRD shocks/springs/rear bar, TRD leather wrapped shift knob, Pioneer FH-P8000BT "double DIN" head unit & 4 Infiniti Kappa speakers, stainless steel license plate screws, Toyota stainless exhaust tip, enhanced driver's seat (professional upholsterer added spring mesh to lower seat cushion which DRAMATICALLY improved support/comfort and also built up lumbar region in seat back for more aggressive lumbar support. Seat Mod Cost: $125; the seat "feels" $350 better.)
Old 05-07-2009, 05:46 AM   #4
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Just to correct you, this does NOT appear to be a '2 DIN' sized unit. That would be 7" wide at the faceplate as well, this is the wider '200mm wide' unit, same as all other Yarii get.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
427chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWings View Post
Just to correct you, this does NOT appear to be a '2 DIN' sized unit. That would be 7" wide at the faceplate as well, this is the wider '200mm wide' unit, same as all other Yarii get.

The chassis is double DIN.

The aftermarket double DIN Pioneer fit perfectly into the factory opening with the help of a $10 installation sleeve.

OF COURSE IT'S "THE SAME AS ALL OTHER YARI GET!" WHY WOULDN'T IT BE?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427chev View Post
The chassis is double DIN.

The aftermarket double DIN Pioneer fit perfectly into the factory opening with the help of a $10 installation sleeve.

OF COURSE IT'S "THE SAME AS ALL OTHER YARI GET!" WHY WOULDN'T IT BE?

The 180mm is the 'Double DIN' stereo that DOES come available on some Yarii. The lower 200mm model is what you're offering here, that's all I'm clarifying. Yes, it takes up 2 DIN's, but it's not the "Double DIN" stereo shown above in the 180mm image.

It's an awesome price, I just don't want someone to get the wrong idea.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
427chev

Thank you for confusing my post and possibly preventing a sale as a result.

I AM SELLING THE STEREO THAT TOYOTA INSTALLS IN ALL 2009 U.S. YARIS MODELS THAT COME EQUIPPED WITH FACTORY INSTALLED STEREOS.

I provided all necessary dimensions (in English units) in this previous post:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...69&postcount=3

I therefore fail to see the need for you to jump into the thread and provide dimensions in metric units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWings View Post
The 180mm is the 'Double DIN' stereo that DOES come available on some Yarii. The lower 200mm model is what you're offering here, that's all I'm clarifying. Yes, it takes up 2 DIN's, but it's not the "Double DIN" stereo shown above in the 180mm image.

It's an awesome price, I just don't want someone to get the wrong idea.

Last edited by 427chev; 05-07-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #8
427chev

Item has sold.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
if anyone else wants one i have the same exact one for sale as well.

same price is fine.