Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-26-2017, 11:28 PM   #1
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
changing front swaybar bushing

As anyone ever changed these, mine are due making lots of noise in the front. When to the dealership for a front end check. I had to changed those bushing and the sway bar end links. I was able to change the end links myself and I got the bushing and took them to my mechanic as he had to change the water pump. He only did one side as it was too hard and too much work.

So I'm going to try and change the driver side myself. So any tips or special tools I'll need? The front bolts looks easy to get to and is a 14mm. I hope the back is the same but trying to figure out how to undo the rear bolt. Also can I do just one side or I have to undo both side to get access to the bushing? Thanks.
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:08 PM   #2
aeipee13
DKDC

Drives: Yarlet
i had to drop the sub frame. its a bitch but not that heavy.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
Thanks for the reply. I got the bushing changed. I didn't remove the sub frame had to get a really long 14mm open and close end wrench, and a lot of patience. Each side took me 5 hours from start to finish. I think what helped is that I sprayed pb / wd40 every day for a week and half before I started the removal.
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:35 AM   #4
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Wow no idea how you were able to do this without dropping the subframe and not stripping the bolts.

I was going to replace mine last year for maintenance purposes but when I realized then work involved i figured I'd wait until they actually needed replacement. At 200k km mine are in fine shape.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:54 AM   #5
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Mechanics will drop the sub frame to do it as it is much easier that way.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk