Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
Britkaza
I've made a post!

Drives: 2006 smart fortwo passion
Feeling a Bit Overwhelmed With the Choices for 2011 Yaris...Need Some Advice

Hi everyone,

I do apologize in advance about the long post

Give you a bit of background on me, I drive a 2006 smart fortwo Passion, reason I am looking to purchase a second car *possibly a Yaris*, I do a lot of long distance trips via car *I'm not a fan of flying, prefer to drive and see the sights* so I need a car that is as fun as my smart *I store it in the winter* and just as fuel efficient, this has brought me to another fun car, the Yaris, but now I'm overwhelmed with the choices, so I have a few questions regarding the three models I have chosen

I'm financing with a down payment of $5000.00

> I was originally looking at the 2011 Yaris Sedan (AUTO) fully loaded (navigation etc.) in Jade Sea Metallic
> My other two choices were the Yaris Hatchback (AUTO) 5DR LE with Convenience Package and the Hatchback (AUTO) 5DR with the RS Package both in Absolutely Red.

When I went in and spoke with the sales representative he was pushing me to get the Extra Care Protection (84/200,000km Comprehensive) which is a $2169.00 added. He said better resale and it's the best option to get, but at the same time I don't plan on getting rid of the car.

> I want to know is it worth it for such a long period, or should I shorten it to a lesser Extra Care Plan or have one at all?

With the Yaris Hatchback I know the RS Package looks amazing at $2375 more than the LE with Convenience Package. From what I could see the RS doesn't seem to change much from the LE in terms of add-ons other than the exterior.

> So other than the exterior does the RS change the car in terms of little add ons or performance?

So just some other questions;

> Is there any options that are a must get and some that I shouldn't bother with?

> How is the navigation system in the Yaris Sedan?

> If you ask and pay more for it would Toyota install a sunroof?

Hopefully this will help point me to which one I like, right now kind of leaning more towards the hatchback over the sedan, I love the looks of the hatchback

Thank you everyone for your help

Britney
Old 04-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
The RS Package is spoilers and Ground effects on the side, period
The warranty seems very steep price wise and with the normal reliability of the Yaris, I'd say its a waste of money.
I like Sunroofs, but it would adversely effect the structural of the car as it was never designed as an option, so the car would likely flex more that it should.
Toyotas nav systems are nice. I personally like the sedan best for road trips, having more storage for luggage and such, and the longer wheelbase make it ride smoother, But thats just me. I think the hatchback is more popular overall so...to each their own.
I wish I could remember which package it is that gets the bigger washer fluid resevoir, rear heater vents and such..That one is a must in my mind
Old 04-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
If you do a lot of long distance driving and are willing to spend the extra money for the RS and extra care (about $4,500) you might want to look at the Prius or other cars.

Next time you get pressure for the Extra Care walk away.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
Wisher23

Drives: LB
On my 08 s it comes dark interior, no tan pieces. The headliner is also black.
Wisher23 is offline   Reply With Quote