Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-30-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Drives: 07 Yaris 5dr-B RS man/silver
I finally got the call...

Celebration time!!! My dealership called today to let me know my car is there on the lot as of a couple hours ago I pick it up Monday at 1215 (they still have to add the accessories). I won't have it for the weekend but just knowing its here makes it all just fine!
Mad Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
Congrat buddy, did u get the better financing?
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
hoahmaru

Drives: 2007 White Yaris RS B Pac.
Congrats Mad Munchkin, hope you enjoy the ride as much as I have so far.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Congratulations Mad Munchkin! Enjoy!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:06 PM   #5
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Thanks everyone!
LAHAL: no I didn't get a deal on the financing, they told me because it's an '07 and their underwriters control the finance rate, they couldn't help me. I did get free door sills, all season mats and the first service free at 8000K (I think the free first service is standard at Country Hills?). I wonder if celica girl's came in...she's also through Country Hills.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
congrats, I can only imagine how nice it must feel to know you've almost got one.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:38 PM   #7
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
Congratz, I still can remember the day I pick up my Yaris, don't hold your breath when you see your Yaris too
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:30 PM   #8
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
So now that calgary meeting is getting closer to being. Everyone seems to be getting their rides.
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:35 PM   #9
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
You happy Yaris owners in Alberta!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:12 PM   #10
celica girl

Drives: '00 Celica, '07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Munchkin
Thanks everyone!
LAHAL: no I didn't get a deal on the financing, they told me because it's an '07 and their underwriters control the finance rate, they couldn't help me. I did get free door sills, all season mats and the first service free at 8000K (I think the free first service is standard at Country Hills?). I wonder if celica girl's came in...she's also through Country Hills.
Congrats!!! That's so exciting! I'm expecting mine on Tuesday. They will still have to add the accessories for me so probably won't get it until Wednesday. As of last week it was in Vancouver so shouldn't be long now!

celica girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:06 AM   #11
harves
Ozecho.com Owner

Drives: Toyota Echo 2003
Send a message via AIM to harves Send a message via MSN to harves Send a message via Yahoo to harves
Congratulations
Old 04-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #12
foober

My dealership is finally getting a liftback. But its not what I want. So now I have to wait till wednesday or thursday to see what other liftbacks around the northwest might be available to do a trade with them to get one closer to the one I want.

I thought if you preordered one you'd get the exact one you wanted. I preordered and put money down in january for a certain one. Either my dealship is giving me sheet or there just won't be that many choices with the liftback.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:46 AM   #13
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
My dealership is finally getting a liftback. But its not what I want. So now I have to wait till wednesday or thursday to see what other liftbacks around the northwest might be available to do a trade with them to get one closer to the one I want.

I thought if you preordered one you'd get the exact one you wanted. I preordered and put money down in january for a certain one. Either my dealship is giving me sheet or there just won't be that many choices with the liftback.
Hey foober,
I found communication with certain sales people at my dealership (I talked to 4 within one month and not by choice!) rather confusing too. They may be trying to get you into one sooner if you're willing to change your color/specs; that's what mine did but I held out for my original order and ended up getting it 4 weeks sooner because they found one for me elsewhere in the same color, etc. Ask your dealer to specify whether they're just trying to fasttrack you into another car rather than make you wait. Good luck!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:52 AM   #14
Mad Munchkin
makeminesilver...I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by celica girl
Congrats!!! That's so exciting! I'm expecting mine on Tuesday. They will still have to add the accessories for me so probably won't get it until Wednesday. As of last week it was in Vancouver so shouldn't be long now!

I'm totally jazzed for you! I am sooooo loving my car!!! I can't say enough about it. I drove around all yesterday afternoon and managed to put on about 150km - btw my gas tank still says FULL. Ha ha...even my old tercel wasn't that good. Even though my car was in town last Thursday I didn't get it until yesterday at noon because they had to add the extras too and the weekend was too busy for them with sales. I did, however, stalk their parking lot on Sunday until I found my car and gave it a big hug.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #15
foober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Munchkin
Hey foober,
I found communication with certain sales people at my dealership (I talked to 4 within one month and not by choice!) rather confusing too. They may be trying to get you into one sooner if you're willing to change your color/specs; that's what mine did but I held out for my original order and ended up getting it 4 weeks sooner because they found one for me elsewhere in the same color, etc. Ask your dealer to specify whether they're just trying to fasttrack you into another car rather than make you wait. Good luck!
mad munchkin, thanks for the good thoughts. The dealership said that they could wednesday or thursday look to see if theres any other liftbacks out there that they could trade with that might be closer to what I want.

I'm pretty sure I could find one close to what I want if I'm willing to wait a couple of months. But I of course would like to have one sooner than later.

Hang in there celica girl. Your car is at least here. Good for you.