Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
another 3rd place at carlisle's performance and style

Hey guys just letting you know, I got another 3rd place trophy at carlisle's performance and style show this weekend. I was in the toyota other class which is basically everything but toyota celicas and supras. I don't have many pictures of the other cars in my class, as I was in the manufacturers midway in Fox Marketings booth. Fox Marketing basically puts together a bunch of sema and show cars, a lot of cars that you see on the covers of magazines have gone through them. The flat blue sti that was on the cover of super street i believe it was, was them. www.foxmarketing.net to learn more if you are interested. Anyways, it was a booth of Fox marketing and ZPI, so here are the pics for now of just the booth that we had.

the poster is to get people to actually stop and look at my car, since the turbo is hidden and all.

fastest scion tc in the country that still uses drive by wire. Makes about 680 whp without the nitrous, runs about a 9.8. GT42 turbo on there, no intercooler no radiator purpose built drag car.

turbo versa, done for SEMA, the turbo kit for this car was built in 2 days.

giant supercharger on the side, very loud whistling hahaha

packing up shop...
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Thats one hell of a sleeper..... not even the intercooler shows up that much. Drop that car!! hahaha Any intentions of knowing how much it does on a 1/4 mile ?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #3
turboyaris

it is dropped i have tanabe nf springs I believe. I am not modifying the suspension anymore yet, because I will have the first set of B&G coilovers as soon as they are released. Yea the intercooler is hard to see, even looking at it nhahah. and i thought i posted this, but it ran a 14.3 on stock rims and tires with a 2.3 60' ft time (horrible) and a 97.2 mph trap speed, a 97 trap should put you into 13s maybe i just suck at driving hahahaa. i like turns, not straight
Old 05-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #4
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
I was thinking the same thing, you must be running a super small tire to create that big wheel gap and still be lowered... what size are they?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:30 PM   #5
turboyaris

205 or 215 40 r 17 its not as bad in person i guess.... it will be lower when the coilovers come around. i have a problem with my rear springs, they sag a bit with just a little weight in the rear.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
How do you find the ZPI turbo running for competition? I'm wondering about the turbo and reliability running it in Auto cross.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:43 PM   #7
turboyaris

my car is very reliable i have about 7k miles on the kit i believe with no issues whatsoever. as far as the pickup its a whole different world, i think it would be a good mod for autocrossing. I have yet to take my yaris to an autocrossing event. I plan on it though, and I will let you know how it works out, but it pulls like crazy in second and third, and in a racing situations you find yourself above 3k rpms, you have boost on demand so you'd be out like a trout hahaha.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:45 PM   #8
turboyaris

i want to do some tests with heating issues, our radiators are so tiny its disgusting, probably 3/4" thick. I have gotten on my car for extended time though and never have a overheat light come on at all though. so maybe it is good enough, just be nice to know exact temps. Esp for keeping the oil temps where you want them.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:26 AM   #9
YogiYaris

Drives: Blue 2007 Toyota Yaris
What is the ZPI turbo kit cost? I was thinking of going with the Greddy kit for the xB and just adapting it.
YogiYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:47 AM   #10
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboyaris View Post
my car is very reliable i have about 7k miles on the kit i believe with no issues whatsoever. as far as the pickup its a whole different world, i think it would be a good mod for autocrossing. I have yet to take my yaris to an autocrossing event. I plan on it though, and I will let you know how it works out, but it pulls like crazy in second and third, and in a racing situations you find yourself above 3k rpms, you have boost on demand so you'd be out like a trout hahaha.
Awesome! I can't wait. If I get that turbo, I'll definately need the the LSD and clutch and flywheel to go with it.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #11
turboyaris

well hanging out with kenny this weekend, he said the price has yet to be fully set but he said low 3k so basically 3- 3500 is what you would be looking at, then the only other thing you would need is a clutch which zpi offers and an exhaust, comes with injectors and tune and all, you would need to take it to a local dyno to get the best possible tune, the shipped tune will be a fair amount on the safe side, about 10% just to allow for you to drive it around before being fully tuned, and not have to worry about something fluky happening you know.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:57 AM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboyaris View Post
i want to do some tests with heating issues, our radiators are so tiny its disgusting, probably 3/4" thick. I have gotten on my car for extended time though and never have a overheat light come on at all though. so maybe it is good enough, just be nice to know exact temps. Esp for keeping the oil temps where you want them.
I'm interested in knowing this too, to compare to my readings. Under normal driving conditions the water temp goes up to 80-90C, and under more spirited driving it gets close to 100C. And remember this is here under the tropics

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:03 AM   #13
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
nice!
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #14
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Nice pics man
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #15
turboyaris

i have more pics of some of the other cars in the show, street glow had an entirely stock yaris with rims and just a bunch of their neons all over, and meguir had one stock with airbags and rims sitting on the ground. other then that, there was a member from ontario there with his pretty nice white 05 vitz. some of the other highlights were project gotham a ridiculous suv with 120 tv screens and 20 subs, and a twin turbo f430 ferrari or whatever the new model is. and a banging r34 skyline