Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
scod4025

Drives: 12 LE 5d HB 1nz-fe Automatic
Holinger 6 speed Sequentail Transaxle

Ok so found this option that may work for an upgrade on our transmissions
http://www.holingeramerica.com/mf-2wd.php

As I found it this morning and am currently at work have yet to contact them to find out if they have an option for us don't know if it will fit

On that note if anyone has the bolt pattern of our bell housing for the transmission could you please show it so I have some way of showing them what would be needed to be fabricated for bolt-up as they have made these work in MR2 believe that shouldn't be to hard

As an added bonus the web site states that have many gear options available so could possible have the gear ratios that that we could want for all of our possible configurations be it better gas mileage, more torque, or just better top speed

So as of yet have yet to contact them and in the infant phase of research on these units have only the details I have found on the site but will keep you guys updated on this as I learn more

also thanks to Crankyoldman as to having me post this up sooner for you guys to help out I asked for help from him and he suggested that I should share this with community I was a bit leery to do it till I had more info but only way to get more info is to ask people and really should be asking the community
scod4025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Interesting but I don't see a price.

I would want to ask "how long do they last?" before buying.

I guess you could keep the old one and put it in if it went.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Interesting but I don't see a price.

I would want to ask "how long do they last?" before buying.

I guess you could keep the old one and put it in if it went.
Expect a price around $15k. The people that I know that race a dog engagement box rebuild them every season. This would not be plesent for daily driving - and might require more frequent service just due to miles covered.

For about $5k you could build a Kaaz close ratio, with lsd and the xB final drive, which is street able and should need no more service than a stock box - I have three years on mine with only fluid changes.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
You can also get a quaife 6 speed dog box for around 12k which for sure works with the c60 transmission.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
i saw a thread with "Holinger" in the title and immediately went to read it. I was wondering who was crazy/bold/brave/etc to fork out the cash for one of these into a Yaris!
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:16 PM   #6
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
WOW!! $15,000 and you get to rebuild it every season!

Spoken like I true "I just drive my car to work" wimp!
Old 07-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
scod4025

I may have been a bit misleading in the first post as I was aware that was going to be over 10k for a sequential transaxle but would really like to see one in a Yaris and and if can get the money together will most likely put it in mine if haven't found something else by then

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #8
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by scod4025 View Post
... and if can get the money together will most likely put it in mine if haven't found something else by then

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
whoa.

hope you do!
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #9
scod4025

So heard back from Holinger and with a little discussion decided that the SF will work just fine on the Yaris unless you plan on out putting more that 270 ft.lbs of torque to it which isn't in the plan only issue is was thinking maybe it would top out near 15k but was slightly wrong going to run me about 20k plus S/H and accessories which is going to push this back quite a bit but will still stay in the hunt for a sequential gear box maybe find one a little bit cheaper else where but will keep you guys up to date